Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:41:21 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check Engine Light Codes Discussion  (Read 94509 times)
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2014, 06:52:07 PM »

I installed them myself actually. Drove for 60 miles today and not a single problem.  Thanks for the help!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »

Glad to hear everything is okay man.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

Reputation Power: 1
theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 18, 2014, 11:33:35 PM »

Hi everyone, I am back on here for your help.

I have been having issues with my CAT code P0420 and now a second code has popped up P0141.  I did the research and saw its the 02 Sensor that goes right in the middle
of the catalytic converter. 

So my question is, is the CAT bad that is causing the sensor to go bad,  or is the sensor bad which is causing code P0420 to pop up.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.  Oh and I live California so apparently there are two different 02 sensors and of course the the sensor with California emissions is the most expensive.

v

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: July 19, 2014, 08:01:30 AM »

If it were me, I'd replace the sensor first. I'd be surprised if there was any difference with the CA emissions Accord sensor and non-CA emissions sensor. You should call Colin at Auto Fair Honda in NH and he can help you figure out what will work for you.

The P0420 code is what you'd want to be worried about because it's for low catalyst efficiency. Basically, you'd need to replace your cat. You can use an O2 sensor spacer, but I know CA is pretty strict with emissions and it may not be a permanent solution to your problem.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #244 on: July 19, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »

Is the catalyst efficiency is measured by an O2 sensor? In my experience (more non Honda) changing the sensor generally clears up both codes.
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »

Ok so, I just ordered the sensor, I am hoping this would solve it if not I am going to have to buy a very expensive CAT.. Cry                       
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2014, 07:44:37 AM »

Good call on replacing the sensor only. I wouldn't replace the car just yet. You can get one of those O2 sensor spacers to get rid of the code if the new sensor doesn't fix it. I'd wait on getting a cat until you get an inspection and they do the sniffer test and tell you that you need a new cat.

Tim
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2014, 01:47:34 PM »

Well I think I am going to have to buy a new cat, every morning when leaving to work, I start up my car and it just smell is so strong with gas fumes.   
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2014, 05:00:02 PM »

Well I think I am going to have to buy a new cat, every morning when leaving to work, I start up my car and it just smell is so strong with gas fumes. 
Maybe I'm crazy but I hat wouldn't lead me to the cat... If you smell gas there is unburnt fuel which could be from a pile of things.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2014, 07:28:02 PM »

Could be a EVAP canister.  I know Mike loves changing those things.  Cheesy

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »

Yeah those are a blast. Could be plugs, a coil, evap canister, fuel line... List goes on
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2014, 10:47:23 AM »

Wouldn't there be a code popping up if that was the case?   But I do have a code reader, and I deleted the two codes i had and P0141 came back on right away so changing the O2 sensor was must.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:49:18 AM by theycallme_og » Logged
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2014, 04:15:58 PM »

Depends a lot of the "emissions codes" can be caused by a bad 02 sensor. Ecu trying to correct for bad reading may cause other codes or to much fuel or air to be delivered. I've changed a saturated evap canister because of waiting to long to change a sensor (silly Toyotas). See what it does with the new sensor in a week or two your fuel smell could be gone. I had a fuel smell with my ac on for about a week after changing a coil recently.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2014, 09:45:09 PM »

I was gonna say exactly what Mike said. Change the primary O2 sensor (A/F) first and see what happens.

Tim
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2014, 05:27:55 PM »

So I got O2 sensor on friday , and installed it this morning.

I connected my code reader and deleted the old codes and only used the for a few errands and no code.
Now she is running again with no codes...  Grin

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:34:58 PM by theycallme_og » Logged
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012