Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:10:42 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check Engine Light Codes Discussion  (Read 94049 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19:14 PM »

great news

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2014, 10:32:39 PM »

Sensor come out easy? Sometimes they suck!
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

Reputation Power: 1
theycallme_og pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »

Bad news guys, well for me  Sad   On my way back home from work the Damn light came back on.  So once I got home I got my code reader and I am getting P0420. Cool

Looks like I am still going to have to buy a CAT..  So I guess I will start saving up for it.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2014, 10:41:17 AM »

Clear the code and see if it comes back.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2014, 10:41:39 AM »

There are a lot of things I'd try before buying the cat!
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2014, 11:37:32 AM »

I will clear it tonight.  But can you list the thing that i could do solve it.

I have already removed the CAT and left it over night in a bucket of soapy water TWICE.... and P0420 keeps coming back.

theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2014, 11:18:32 AM »

So I was planning to clear the code when getting home, but just before arriving home from my 30 min commute the light went away.

Now its going back to its old habbits, it goes on an off when it chooses.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »

You should just monitor it and see what happens.

Which sensor did you replace again? The primary O2 (a/f) sensor before the cat, or the O2 sensor after the cat?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2014, 01:54:16 PM »

After the CAT,  well the one that goes right in the middle of the CAT

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/drivefast1971/2011-10-07_164736_1.gif
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:57:30 PM by theycallme_og » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2014, 02:15:24 PM »

Okay. Just making sure. The P0141 code hasn't returned, but the P0420 has?

There are really only 2 options. Since you live in CA, one option may be considered illegal, but it's inexpensive. That would be to get one of those O2 sensor spacer/restrictors. If they do a visual inspection of your exhaust, then you probably won't get away with using one. The other option is a replacement cat. I believe Magnaflow sells one that's around $100-150.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2014, 09:03:23 PM »

Okay. Just making sure. The P0141 code hasn't returned, but the P0420 has?

There are really only 2 options. Since you live in CA, one option may be considered illegal, but it's inexpensive. That would be to get one of those O2 sensor spacer/restrictors. If they do a visual inspection of your exhaust, then you probably won't get away with using one. The other option is a replacement cat. I believe Magnaflow sells one that's around $100-150.
the key to getting away with the spacer is to spray your exhaust black so it all matches. The shiny spot is always a dead give away.
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2014, 11:42:20 AM »

well its been a week and the light is still not coming back on..   so thanks for all the help guys
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2014, 02:38:24 PM »

Glad it's working out for you.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012