Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:52:03 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check Engine Light Codes Discussion  (Read 94520 times)
hondaguy214

Reputation Power: 1
hondaguy214 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2014, 10:32:59 PM »

Depends on where the maf sensor is set in the pipe if you have an 06-07. And if it doesn't sit deep enough in the pipe.

NECM SQUAD#6
AccordEX
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
AccordEX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2014, 10:11:31 AM »

It's a intake.

A man once told me... if ummm.... forgot.
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2014, 09:24:11 PM »

Looks like he has an '04.  That model year even have a MAF sensor?

Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2014, 10:14:45 PM »

The californian's do have one for the low emission vehicules.

AccordEX
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
AccordEX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2014, 03:11:54 AM »

Yeah. I tried restarting the sensor, it disappeared for sometime.

A man once told me... if ummm.... forgot.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2014, 08:29:36 PM »

Gentlemen, on the way home from work today, I was cruising on the highway at about 70 mph and my CEL started flashing.  The engine started sounding very weird, kinda like a gurgling sound.  I managed to get her home with no issues.  I went out and got a code scanner and it came back with P0305 - Cylinder 5 misfire.  Other than checking the spark plug (replaced them 30k ago), what should I do? 
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2014, 08:58:14 PM »

Check the plugs, cool packs and wiring. If that doesn't work, check your valve lash.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2014, 10:33:49 PM »

I don't have a spark plug socket so I can't remove the plug tonight but the coil pack is dirty as hell and cracked at the tip.  The plug hole is filled with crude.  How bad is it?  Sad

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2014, 12:16:58 AM »

Hard to say.  I'd pull the plug and see what condition it's in.  If it looks fine, swap coil packs with another cylinder and see if the problem moves to the other cylinder.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »

The tip of the spark plug is missing..... I bought a new spark plug and coil pack.  Should I put them in and try it or am I fucked?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2014, 11:01:50 AM »

Well, there's your problem.  Before doing anything else, I would see if Auto Zone or Advance Auto has a borescope that you can use to see inside your combustion chamber.  That way you can check if there are any pieces in there that may need to be fished out with a magnet.  You can also use a telescoping magnet to see if you can fish anything out, but you may not be able to get to any of the bits (if there are any).  If there are any bigger pieces that can't get out through the spark plug hole, you'll need to pull the head off.  At that point, there will probably be a bit of damage from loose metal getting slammed around your combustion chamber. 

Tim
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2014, 12:14:52 PM »

If you were extremely lucky, maybe it went out of the chamber to the exhaust and didn't cause any serious damage. Never heard of a missing spark plug tip, is that a common issue ? Do you know how old the spark plugs were? they look kind of old

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2014, 12:43:27 PM »

The spark plug had only about 30k on it.  I used a magnetic rod and couldn't fish anything out. Couldn't see anything in there either.  Replaced the plug and coil pack, and reset the CEL.  Started up fine and with no more check engine light.  The engine sounds pretty normal.  I drove it around for about 15 minutes with no problems.  Going to take it out on a longer trip now and see what happens.  I'm hoping the piece broke off and left before causing any serious problems. 
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2014, 12:46:28 PM »

What could possibly cause the tip of the plug to break off?  Manufacturing defect?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »

Could have been a manufacturing defect.  Also could have been that the shop that installed them tried to gap them and damaged them.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012