Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:39:30 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check Engine Light Codes Discussion  (Read 94074 times)
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 10:05:46 PM »

... and i thank the accord for bringing up the code. hahaha

suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 10:58:41 PM »

aghhhh i remember the night i made that list haha.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 08:19:41 AM »

Good thread guys im sure this will be pretty helpful to people!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Jade06

Reputation Power: 0
Jade06 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »

Got this code for the second time...

P0171: Definition: Primary o2 Sensor Malfunction
Explanation: There is a heater malfunction for the primary heated oxygen sensor located on the exhaust manifold. When code is read it should say if the code was thrown because of rich or lean conditions.
Remedy: Clear codes, drive around for ~40miles. If code re-appears then check codes again. If same code replace.

So I bought a new 02 sensor and some seafoam. Hopefully will be replacing by the weekend. Useful thread!!!!!!

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 01:43:56 PM »

Quote from: "Jade06"
Got this code for the second time...

P0171: Definition: Primary o2 Sensor Malfunction
Explanation: There is a heater malfunction for the primary heated oxygen sensor located on the exhaust manifold. When code is read it should say if the code was thrown because of rich or lean conditions.
Remedy: Clear codes, drive around for ~40miles. If code re-appears then check codes again. If same code replace.

So I bought a new 02 sensor and some seafoam. Hopefully will be replacing by the weekend. Useful thread!!!!!!

So this is he sensor that is on the catalytic converter?Huh?

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »

The one right before it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 09:02:13 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
The one right before it.

Ahhh... Okey dokey damn still gotta get under the car. I can see it sitting right below the header just can't reach it...

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »

Yeah dude. Gotta pay to play! I just forked out $150 for lifetime alignments at Firestone.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 07:27:39 PM »

Question... the correct way and only way to clear a code once a problem has been fixed is by that machine they use at say like AutoZone??? Will just disconnecting the battery do it or will the code just come back?

We just replaced the 02 sensors on Jade06's car and the code P0171 came up again saying 1 of 2... and that the car is riding lean like Fabulous010's ride . Im guessing the car has to get used to the new sensors and soon should go away....

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 08:02:13 PM »

I got one of those code  readers that can delete a code if needed my friend who lives in my building had his accord doing the same thing even with the battery disconnected still showed lean but after i rested his code hasn't shown up yet i guess car has to get used to it but i could be wrong.

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »

Quote from: "CrazyCreashunz"
Question... the correct way and only way to clear a code once a problem has been fixed is by that machine they use at say like AutoZone??? Will just disconnecting the battery do it or will the code just come back?

We just replaced the 02 sensors on Jade06's car and the code P0171 came up again saying 1 of 2... and that the car is riding lean like Fabulous010's ride . Im guessing the car has to get used to the new sensors and soon should go away....

I replaced My Secondary O2 sensor and disconnected my battery for about 30 minutes and it hasn't come back on since. That was about two weeks ago. My guess would be that there is another problem just judging by the fact that mine turned off instantly and hasn't come on since.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 09:19:10 PM »

Quote from: "cna"
I got one of those code  readers that can delete a code if needed my friend who lives in my building had his accord doing the same thing even with the battery disconnected still showed lean but after i rested his code hasn't shown up yet i guess car has to get used to it but i could be wrong.

Yea he got the code reader from his friend to. I told him to delete the code and see what happens in a few days.

Thanks guys!

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 11:05:16 PM »

Wait which sensor did you change? cuz if the code came back up after deleting it, then you probably replaced the wrong one.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 11:46:12 AM »

Quote from: "InFuMoUs"
Wait which sensor did you change? cuz if the code came back up after deleting it, then you probably replaced the wrong one.

I changed the one on the header first... then we cleared the code. A day later the code came back saying the same code and saying one of two, so we replaced the sensor on the catalytic converter. Code cleared, now it came back again saying the same code and when Elliot's boy check it out further it was saying the car is running too lean. <-- guessing the car is running lean because of the 2 new sensors. The car is in a state of shock lolzzz. I know he was riding for awhile with the CEL on before we changed the 1st sensor! All should be well now hopefully. I will find out this weekend when I head up there.

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »

that sounds like the code would be caused by a dirty maf sensor or a vacuum leak not the sensors on the exhaust.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012