Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:08:18 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roof Rack system questions  (Read 4665 times)
Pilot
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Pilot pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2014, 09:53:15 PM »

Hey guys, I'm new here but I've been looking for a good roof rack for my 04 4dr accord for awhile. I like to Kayak and Surf and I need a good roof rack to carry em around.
I've been using Thule's fitguide, and looking at Yakima's Qclips. Its obvious they don't make full systems for my model anymore, does this mean that I would need to find each piece individually? I've been researching a lot lately and I can't seem to figure out everything I need. I'm thinking of going with a Thule system.

Does anybody know that if I get the proper "FitKit" (Fitkit2131) for my vehicle, can I just get crossbars from somebody locally on craigslist and that'd be all I need to complete the roof rack?
The fitkit is roughly $60 on ebay, and I can find crossbars for nearly the same price locally. Hopefully somebody here with more experience than myself could help me out.

Heres what Iv've been looking at
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thule-kit-2081-2082-2084-2085-2093-2099-2100-2104-2131-2152-2156-2164-/271605047038?

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/pts/4655248102.html (Hes willing to sell me just the crossbars for $75)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:29:26 AM »

Yeah. It's basically 3 parts that you'll need with the Thule roof rack. The cross bars, the feet and the fit kit.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pilot
Fucking Newb

Pilot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »

Yeah. It's basically 3 parts that you'll need with the Thule roof rack. The cross bars, the feet and the fit kit.

Thank you. That helps me a lot.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 10:43:09 PM »

Glad I could help. I have a Thule roof rack and I'm very happy with it. I also have a Homda one, but I haven't used it yet.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:53:46 AM »

I've been extremely happy with my honda roof rack.  Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll see if I provide further help.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 05:42:50 PM »

I use a Yakima on my Sport and love it.  I also had a Honda set (Rebadged Thule) with the stretch kit on my 7th gen coupe which worked great.  Both with a bike attachment and snowboard attachment.

And not to thread jack but... I still have the snowboard attachment and hardware off my Honda bars if anybody wants it...

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
hondaguy214

hondaguy214 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »

Haha I use a try bike rack on the back but this winter I'm gonna buy a roof rack since I take my mountain bike everywhere and would love for it to be safe if I got into an accident because I would die if I lose my 3k mountain bike. Bike is third love of my life next to my son and fiancé lol

NECM SQUAD#6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012