Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:57:49 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.5 Coupe Rear Conversion - Trunk/key fob issue.  (Read 10063 times)
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2014, 05:26:43 PM »

Hello ECM,
As some of you know Rob and I finished most of the work on my 7.5 rear end conversion. Behold!

But I'm having a strange wiring/key fob issue. The tail lights work (reverse, brake, hazards, directionals etc..) But the car was no longer detecting that the trunk was closed thus not arming the car when I hit the lock button. Also, I could only open the trunk from the latch on the floor inside the car. I couldn't use my fob to unlock the car, or lock the car. The only thing my fob did was make my lights blink when I hit the unlock button. The pic below is before we finished wiring the trunk. I'm using the old latch from my old trunk, the old wiring harness etc. (the new trunk didn't come with a latch) We took the old connector from the old and spliced the wires. Matching the colors did nothing, they were yellow, black and blue. Trying different combinations, we got the light in the trunk to come on, we got the car to recognize that the trunk was closed thus arming the car once it was locked. BUT I still can't lock, unlock, or open the trunk with my key fob. My fob isn't that old, I want to say I got it in May of 2012. I don't think it's the battery on the fob, so any ideas on what it might be? Is it a grounding issue?

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 05:39:48 PM »

Matching wire colors doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.  When I wired up the hybrid mirrors in my car, the wires had to go to different colored wires. Somebody with the correct wiring guide might be able to help you, Denny. Hope you find an answer soon.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »

So it's just an question of playing around with the different wires? Different combinations? It's weird that this effects my key fob. Thanks Nelson, I'm still digging.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 06:37:18 PM »

Update: (to add to the confusion) Someone asked if the trunk latches for the 03 and 06 had different part numbers. When I look them up, i get 74851-SDA-A22 for the 03. When I look up the 06 i get 74851-SDA-A22 AND 74851-SDA-K02. So the 06 had 2 different latches? This doesn't make sense....

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »

Have you checked your fuses?  If you were swapping wires, you may have blown a fuse.

Referencing a wiring diagram would be your best bet.

- Mark
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 09:31:55 PM »

I haven't checked the fuses no, I think I found a diagram, I've emailed it to myself at work so I can check it out during lunch.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 10:46:48 PM »

I can try to help you with this when I get back home from Nashville on Friday. I have the electrical service manual and can go through it to see what is wonky. Definitely check the fuses though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 03:40:28 PM »

I've been going over the whole thing over and over since this past weekend. Retracing our steps, then I remembered that I'm a giant moron. We cut a connector off the wiring harness from the new trunk. The wires were the same color so we spliced them. How I left this key piece of info out is beyond me. I'm a cotton headed ninny muggins. I'm going to find the old connector tonight and try to reattach it. I have no experience with wires, this should be fun. Lol
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 05:19:31 PM »

If you were closer, I would help you out.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 08:42:35 PM »

Found my issue, look at this little yellow bastard. It's mocking me...
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 09:01:46 PM »

at least it was an easy fix !

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 09:12:05 PM »

Yeah thank God! Although I spent an hour taking apart a connector for nothing, Lol.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 09:29:38 PM »

At least you figured it out.

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 10:12:10 PM »

Good job Denny.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 08:16:53 AM »

Found my issue, look at this little yellow bastard. It's mocking me...
Did you make sure to punch that little yellow bastard in the face?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012