Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:01:50 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bone stock accord faster than mine?  (Read 9088 times)
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2013, 01:57:40 AM »

A few nights ago I went to a local car meet with my sisters boyfriend and his best friend who just bought a 2003 accord ex 4 door automatic, basically my same car except I have an 05 lx but roughly same milage on both . On the way home we decided to take a detour into a completely desolate area and safely do a few little races to see how much my bolt ons really make a difference over stock.
My bolt ons are:
Tsx intake manifold
Throttle body coolant bypass
Lightweight under drive pulleys
Hps short ram intake with K&N filter.
To everyone's surprise the stock accord beat me by a car to a car and a half. We tried from a stop, 20 roll and 40 roll. I lost every single time.

My question is,  is there something definitely wrong with my car? This can't be right.
Does my wrap and sound deadening add that much weight? I don't understand and to be honest I'm kind of depressed.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 09:36:01 AM »

Sound deadening, "aero", wheels/ tires and a few other things. A lot of that adds weight.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:14:10 AM »

Wrap is a couple pounds, race before dinner and that will offset the weight.

TL wheels are heavier and wider than stock

TSX intake mani, i believe, only shifts the torque curve down for better drivability. It doesn't add any power

You're left with underdrive pulley and intake for your hp/torque gain.

They are other factors, such as exhaust, didn't you have an issue with your cats?

You guys should swap cars to eliminate that variable. I wouldn't sweat these loses that much.

Rich
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »

Makes sense. I just ended up gutting my cat, so now its just a pipe.

Could it also be that my exhaust is stock? I mean, im getting more air and power into the engine with all the mods but i dont have a header installed (purchased but not installed yet)  or a bigger diameter exhaust. Common sense tells me that if i put more air in, i also have to get it out more efficiently. Am i wrong?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 02:04:30 PM »

Yes and no. Technically, all you did was make it breathe in like a k24a2. It already breathes out like a TSX. You're still "stock" on the intake side to an extent. Sure, you can free up a horse or two by upgrading your exhaust but your engine doesn't benefit much from bolt on mods. Also, your transmission is killing any and all power you add.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »

In other words i will never be able to beat a stock accord? Should i just go back to stock to be faster then? Stupid automatic transmission!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 05:02:40 PM »

Stock for stock, same thing. Add all the crap you did and you lose the race. Unless you put a ton of cash into your engine and trans combo, just cruise it and enjoy.

cd5myeleanor
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
cd5myeleanor pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 10:15:40 PM »

lol it happens..i got dusted by a civic back in the day...he claimed he had a single cam.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 11:22:30 PM »

I'd bet money that it's your SRI. Back when I had mine, it absolutely destroyed any throttle response thanks to Florida weather. On this car I made a 3" PVC extension to replace the intake resonator, but I just recently put the resonator back in because it's designed to help shove air into the engine at low RPM's. Since we have autofails, we're always at low RPM's anyways.

AccordEX
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
AccordEX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 12:52:51 AM »

Can I ask. Will it kill my car if I race 0-60 on D3?

A man once told me... if ummm.... forgot.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 08:27:42 AM »

0-60 in D3? It'd be the same thing as if you left it in D. The shifts are the same but having it in d3 just prevents it from upshifting past 3rd. At 60mph, it won't shift past 3rd anyway. Chances are, you'll forget you put it in d3 and then wind your transmission out then kill it.

TL;DR- Makes no difference. Don't blow up your tranny.

AccordEX
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
AccordEX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 02:29:54 PM »

Yes sir. Just thought the power from the 4th will split into the other gears and add power. Just a thought. Thanks, will make sure to do it.

A man once told me... if ummm.... forgot.
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 03:28:50 PM »

I'd bet money that it's your SRI. Back when I had mine, it absolutely destroyed any throttle response thanks to Florida weather. On this car I made a 3" PVC extension to replace the intake resonator, but I just recently put the resonator back in because it's designed to help shove air into the engine at low RPM's. Since we have autofails, we're always at low RPM's anyways.

Really? Well that sucks since I love the sound of that thing, and how it looks in the engine bay. Well I guess I won't race period so I don't get disappointed lol

0-60 in D3? It'd be the same thing as if you left it in D. The shifts are the same but having it in d3 just prevents it from upshifting past 3rd. At 60mph, it won't shift past 3rd anyway. Chances are, you'll forget you put it in d3 and then wind your transmission out then kill it.

TL;DR- Makes no difference. Don't blow up your tranny.

The Z man has spoken.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »

Honestly, it sounds like he's a better driver.

- Mark
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 05:52:42 PM »

Yeah, lrn2automatic better!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012