Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:19:24 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grounding issue - doors  (Read 5524 times)
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2013, 12:44:09 PM »

Hi All! Yesterday while wiring up the TSX mirrors with help from my friend Jason i discovered an electrical issue. The mirrors were grounded using one of the bolts that secured the mirror. It worked, however...once the door was closed about mid way the LED lights would flicker,  and then most of them would go out. Same on the other side. We ended up running a wire back down the inside of the fender and used the bolt behind the headlight bracket thing instead. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Could this be possibly why my passenger side window doesn't work?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »

Um, that is an odd one. One would think there was a shorting/ broken wire issue in the harness that goes between the door and chassis. Problem is figuring out which wire(s), where the break may be, etc. Anyway, yeah, it could very well be why the PS window doesn't work. Does anything on that side work aside from your mirror?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »

The "door is open" noise doesn't work, I don't usually sit, or have anyone sitting in the passenger seat. I'm going to play around with the controls when I get home.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »

Definitely. Fiddle with anything controlled on the PS with those buttons (locks, window) and report back. Also, both mirrors adjust when using the controls on the DS correct?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 01:13:32 PM »

Correct. Anything mirror related is fine. I'll report back. I foresee it being a pain to check all of the wire running between.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 01:25:25 PM »

Its a royal PITA. Lots of continuity tests and such.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »

I had a similar issue when Arie and I tried to site up my mirrors. Everything worked fine except for the tut signals. I ended up just taking it to a place and they fixed it. Not sure where exactly the short was.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 01:49:52 PM »

Ok so I didn't wait til I got home. Lock on PS doesn't work while the door is open. I can hear the motor trying on the driver side, knob doesn't go down. No noise from PS door. When PS door is completely closed the lock works. Lol. Window button - nothing. Whether the door is open or closed.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 04:09:54 PM »

Check to make sure that the master switch on the drivers side door is plugged in correctly and fully.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012