Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:53:16 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiper review and maintenance  (Read 19708 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 08:57:43 PM »

Actually, I was saying that the rubber inserts should cost about $8 total.  The driver's side wiper part number is 76620-SDA-A01 and the passenger's side wiper part number is 76630-SDA-A01.  They should both cost about $24 total.  I'll PM you the email for Ryan at AFH to see what they can offer you for prices.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 09:09:17 PM »

I knew that.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 12:11:08 AM »

Thanks for the info and contact email Tim! Just shot him a PM!

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 05:07:07 PM »

Totally not going with Bosch Icons again. The driver's side wiper leaves about a 12" diameter circle of unwiped space. I'll attempt cleaning the windshield and wipers better, but I'm fairly certain this issue is unavoidable.

OEM inserts here I come!

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 07:50:09 PM »

I've been using valeo's from tire rack with pretty decent results. I've had my pair for like the last 2 years and they still work. I should replace them soon though.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2013, 08:25:13 PM »

Totally not going with Bosch Icons again. The driver's side wiper leaves about a 12" diameter circle of unwiped space. I'll attempt cleaning the windshield and wipers better, but I'm fairly certain this issue is unavoidable.

OEM inserts here I come!

You removed that bracket on the underside of the DS arm?  I've seen that happen and in most cases removing the bracket fixes the gap problem.

I use Icons and I swear by em.  Last set lasted 3 years.  I just wipe down the actual blade every months to make sure its clean.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2013, 10:39:26 PM »

OEM inserts here I come!

You removed that bracket on the underside of the DS arm?  I've seen that happen and in most cases removing the bracket fixes the gap problem.

I use Icons and I swear by em.  Last set lasted 3 years.  I just wipe down the actual blade every months to make sure its clean.

Hmm, I don't recall what bracket you're talking about... the old wiper comes off with the clip thing, and the new one goes on with its own clip thing. I'll have to take a look sometime. Where is this bracket located exactly?

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 11:30:49 PM »

About halfway on the wiper arm on the underside.  Its shaped like a U and is held on by a screw.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 12:09:18 AM »

Ohhhh, I just noticed it after getting in my car like 5 seconds ago. That shit is coming off pronto!

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 08:03:48 AM »

Use a #2 Phillips.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »

That did the trick. It works perfectly now. Thanks guys.

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »

No problem.

-Ryan

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2013, 11:41:32 AM »

wish i had known about this fix, i gave up on the icons at least 6 months ago.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 01:16:53 PM »

Other than the missed spot, these blades work very well. I think now that the issue is resolved, I'll consider sticking with this brand. Only time will tell for how long they'll last though.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012