Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:11:55 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dome light  (Read 9902 times)
accordcoupe7

Reputation Power: 1
accordcoupe7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2013, 11:56:04 AM »

So I tried to wire some lights to the green/red wire in the dome light so that it comes on when I lock/unlock the car && open the door. However the lights stay on, even after the dome light turns off. What should I do?
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:44:52 AM »

Doesn't it do that already without having to modify anything?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
accordcoupe7

accordcoupe7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 02:06:50 PM »

Doesn't it do that already without having to modify anything?
i meant i was wiring interior lights TO the dome light so it turns on with the dome light when i open and close the door.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »

Oh I see. Maybe Tim could help you with that. He's good with understanding the wiring on these cars.  I think the switch might have something to do with it. If it werent for the switch the dome light would be on all the time since there's constant power going to it.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »

How did you have the lights wired to the green/red dome light wire?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordcoupe7

accordcoupe7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »

I used a quick splice to connect to the green/red wire
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »

Did you run the ground wire to the green/red wire?  Where did you wire the 12v for your lights?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordcoupe7

accordcoupe7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 12:39:07 AM »

Did you run the ground wire to the green/red wire?  Where did you wire the 12v for your lights?

Oh wait I'm suppose to wire the ground to the green/red? I wire the 12v to that. Was that the problem?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »

Yes. The green/red wire is a  grounding wire.

Tim
accordcoupe7

accordcoupe7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »

Yes. The green/red wire is a  grounding wire.

Oh okay. So where should I route my 12v wire?
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 02:03:56 PM »

Wait, so if your positive was hooked to the grounded dome wire, and your negative was grounded as well, how did it work in the first place?

accordcoupe7

accordcoupe7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »

Wait, so if your positive was hooked to the grounded dome wire, and your negative was grounded as well, how did it work in the first place?

Lol good question. I have no idea. Is green/red really ground? Not the white one?
accordcoupe7

accordcoupe7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »

Lol good question. I have no idea. Is green/red really ground? Not the white one?

Any ideas guyss???
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 11:56:50 AM »

There is a wiring guide that is stickied in this forum. I will look at the wiring diagram later tonight when I get home and try to help you out.

Tim
accordcoupe7

accordcoupe7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »

There is a wiring guide that is stickied in this forum. I will look at the wiring diagram later tonight when I get home and try to help you out.

Thanks ! Really there is?? If I knew that I would have looked. But I'm still getting used to the new tapatalk app. Lol
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012