Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:53:11 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay Lip  (Read 10470 times)
super425

Reputation Power: 1
super425 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2013, 12:00:47 PM »

So I just bought the lip like 2 days ago, but they didnt come with any mounting hardware. I was thinking can i just custom mount that thing on or i have to you the hardware mount kit. If yet, anyone know where can i find that.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 02:22:30 AM »

The mounting hardware can be purchased from Honda.  You might have trouble lining up the eBay lip with the holes on your bumper though.  Good luck!

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 07:09:16 AM »

Does the ebay lip even have the mounting holes predrilled?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:53:27 AM »

If it's the fg rep like I have, no it does not. Mine does have indentations of the mounting holes from the mold but that's it. I only secured it on either end so that it has some movement and doesn't get too fucked up on steep driveways/ speed bumps.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 06:20:46 PM »

Did you just mount the lip with screws? did you use double sided tape at all?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 08:42:38 PM »

Holy thread resurrection!

Anyway, at first I used screws. Held fine. I then switched to those plastic hold downs usually used for plastic engine panels because the screws were rising from NE winters. No tape used at all.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverAccords06n12 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 02:37:04 PM »

FG rep lip looks pretty good!  Mr Cracker, did you originally attach the lip with screws inside the wheel well, where the front body piece screws in.? Or did you use the holes underneath, and later switch to the clips underneath?  I'm thinking about getting the lip if I can convince myself that I will be able to paint it Alabaster Silver at home with no issues.  I'm 50/50 on my decision right now.
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 11:33:30 AM »

Im debating on painting it myself. Theres a lot of diy paint jobs, online but they're all different. Still  trying to decipher which one to use.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 02:55:59 PM »

FG rep lip looks pretty good!  Mr Cracker, did you originally attach the lip with screws inside the wheel well, where the front body piece screws in.? Or did you use the holes underneath, and later switch to the clips underneath?  I'm thinking about getting the lip if I can convince myself that I will be able to paint it Alabaster Silver at home with no issues.  I'm 50/50 on my decision right now.
I screwed into the wheel wells. Never attached it underneath. A total of four screws were all I needed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012