Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:48:15 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comparison help  (Read 4636 times)
Dynamatt
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Dynamatt pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »

Hey guys, first time posting here looks like a great, helpful forum. I'm currently running the HFP drop on my '06 Accord EX V6 coupe, and like many before me, it has the saggy back end. I'm looking into new options because I hate have almost -3 degrees camber on my DD. I was curious if anyone is currently running either tokico blues or Koni yellows on their cars, and what spring combos you are running. I love the drop on the Neuspeed sport springs and that is where I may end up but being that thing is my DD and I commute about 350 miles weekly it can't be too stiff. Any opinions or advice?

Thank you in advance
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »

The one thing we encourage is not opening new threads. Take your time and read through the suspension thread. You will see what set ups people are running and what they feel about those products.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »

I've found that the Neuspeed Supercup kit is fairly comfortable for daily driving. I've ridden in a few cars with it and never felt it was too stif or bouncy. You'll definitely want a camber kit for the rear though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »

Many have used the Neuspeed sport and race springs with Koni yellows. Matter of fact, there's the Nuespeed cup kit that couples the springs and shocks together. Its one of the more common suspension combos beside GC coils and Konis or GC with Tokicos.
Matter of fact, here's exactly what I'm talking about: http://www.heeltoeauto.com/neuspeed-super-cup-kit-03-07-accord-v6-cm-supercupkit.acc.4.html
I highly recommend these guys as they're extremely helpful, fast shipping and overall great customer service. You can't go wrong with them.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Dynamatt
Fucking Newb

Dynamatt pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »

The one thing we encourage is not opening new threads. Take your time and read through the suspension thread. You will see what set ups people are running and what they feel about those products.

I apologize for not searching. I was hoping for a more direct response which I did get. In the future ill search a little more in advance to my posting.

I've found that the Neuspeed Supercup kit is fairly comfortable for daily driving. I've ridden in a few cars with it and never felt it was too stif or bouncy. You'll definitely want a camber kit for the rear though.

I have definitely been looking into the supercupkit for some time. I've never seen feedback from anyone after they installed it though. Do you have any recommendations on a manufacturer for the camber kit? I know ingalls is the more common so should I just go that route?

Many have used the Neuspeed sport and race springs with Koni yellows. Matter of fact, there's the Nuespeed cup kit that couples the springs and shocks together. Its one of the more common suspension combos beside GC coils and Konis or GC with Tokicos.
Matter of fact, here's exactly what I'm talking about: http://www.heeltoeauto.com/neuspeed-super-cup-kit-03-07-accord-v6-cm-supercupkit.acc.4.html
I highly recommend these guys as they're extremely helpful, fast shipping and overall great customer service. You can't go wrong with them.

Thanks for the quick responses!! As far as the actual shock/ strut options besides adjustable rebound damping on the yellows and adjustable spring perch is there a major ride difference between the two? And what about longevity? Also am I paying to rebuild these or am I buying new ones every time they go out
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »

I'd recommend Ingalls. That's what I've had on my car for about 8 years now. Other camber kits have less adjustment possibilities.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 04:02:01 PM »

The link I provided gives the option of bundling the Ingalls kit with the cup kit. I advise you to do it Matt. Even a drop as subtle as the HFP or Tein H tech need a camber kit. Why you don't have one, I don't know. Boo on Honda for that one.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Dynamatt
Fucking Newb

Dynamatt pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 04:25:17 PM »

The link I provided gives the option of bundling the Ingalls kit with the cup kit. I advise you to do it Matt. Even a drop as subtle as the HFP or Tein H tech need a camber kit. Why you don't have one, I don't know. Boo on Honda for that one.
Cheesy I know, it's been on my short list but I race dh mountain bikes and my bike is where most of my fun money goes. But this year I'm redoing the suspension on the Honda and possibly selling my TL wheels and getting factory 18's off the 8th gen accord or similar TL
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 04:43:14 PM »

Good luck. Don't forget to create a profile thread. Its a good way to keep a log of what you did.

Dynamatt
Fucking Newb

Dynamatt pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »

Just so everybody knows what my current setup looks like

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.