Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:50:13 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 05 Acura TL subframe fits CM5 2.4?  (Read 5926 times)
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:31:52 AM »

wondering if this will fit as it is supposed to be made of aluminum while the stock accord one is steel. looking to save a little weight.  Cheesy

also if TSX rear knuckle/spindle fits CM5?

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 01:00:21 PM »

I know the sub frame fits the TSX.  I'm sure it would bolt up to the Accord chassis.  Your main concern would be the geometry of the lower control arms and how they will affect your camber and caster.

I'm not sure about the CL9 rear knuckles.  I don't see why they would't fit though.  Is there some reason why you want TSX rear knuckles?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:30:16 PM »

The TL subframe will fit, but where the motor mounts are positioned are different between the V6 and I4. You would need to weld or make a custom motor mount position unless you plan on going J-swap. Also, the TL subframe is quite costly brand new, and you are only saving roughly about 50lbs or so. You are better off going with body weight reduction instead of chassis weight reduction. (IE: carbon fiber hood and trunk or get a lightweight battery)

As for the TSX rear knuckle, they are different between the Accord. The Accord rear knuckles has a spindle shaft to bolt the bearing. Whereas the TSX uses 4 bolts that bolts the bearing to the knuckle itself. There isn't real benefit to switch to a TSX rear knuckle. The downfall to the TSX rear knuckle is that you won't be able to utilize the Pilot rear rotor upgrade if you plan to do so. The brackets designed for the Accords will not fit the TSX.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 07:46:54 AM »

Also you really dont want to go out of your way to get the aluminum subframe, the bend very easily I have replaced at least 5 of them over the last cuple years with accord steel ones.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »

Is there some reason why you want TSX rear knuckles?

they're made of aluminum so i reckon i'll have some weight savings using those.

i'm into this weight reduction stuff but i don't wanna strip the car beyond recognition.  Smiley

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »

Weight reduction because racecar?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »

well... 40% racecar and 60% ride to work.  Cheesy

at least until i get tired of it and decide to race the STi instead.  Smiley

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
booley
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
booley pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »

this mod really intrigues me, as some of the junkyard prices for these seem to be coming down. I understand the fragility of aluminum, but I don't think Acura would put these on a bunch of their cars if they weren't somewhat durable.
I like the idea of shedding 50lbs.
So, you are telling me the '05 TL subframe would bolt up to my '04 v6 coupe?
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 11:31:23 PM »

The 05 TL subframe will bolt up to the Accord V6 only. Its a direct swap. A pain in the ass to swap, but nonetheless do-able.
booley
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
booley pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 07:28:32 PM »

has anybody here actually done this?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »

Not that I'm aware of. I know of one guy but he's also swapping in a J35 into a first gen TSX.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »

i abandoned this one like 8 seconds after Thien's post.  Cheesy

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print