Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:43:51 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension clunk from front PS - case closed?  (Read 25328 times)
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »

Use a pry bar between the lower control arm and spindle/knuckle.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »

That's what I'm thinking of doing. I've also read of people using a large pry bar/ 2 x 4 under the tire while jacked up and checking the same thing.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2013, 05:34:42 PM »

Maybe someone will see something I don't.
Lower ball joint
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:41:14 PM by CrackerTeg » Logged

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2013, 12:53:04 AM »

Hmm Z, I don't see any play going on in the lower ball joint. How about the upper ball joint? Did you see any play going on there? Also, have you checked your bump stop in the struts?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2013, 07:52:27 AM »

I didn't see any play in the upper. I looked at the video of the lower and thought I saw play but very minute amount which is why I posted it up for you guys to see. As for the bump stop in the struts, it looked fine when I took the coils apart awhile back when I originally swapped the shock thinking that was bad. One thing I noticed this morning and after a short drive last night, after jacking up that corner and fumbling with it, the noise seems to have subsided a bit. Maybe that's why I thought it was gone after doing the compliance bushings and end links a few months ago. Does that make any sense?

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2013, 10:05:19 AM »

I didn't see any play in the upper. I looked at the video of the lower and thought I saw play but very minute amount which is why I posted it up for you guys to see. As for the bump stop in the struts, it looked fine when I took the coils apart awhile back when I originally swapped the shock thinking that was bad. One thing I noticed this morning and after a short drive last night, after jacking up that corner and fumbling with it, the noise seems to have subsided a bit. Maybe that's why I thought it was gone after doing the compliance bushings and end links a few months ago. Does that make any sense?
have you looked at the other side sometimes noises travel funny. Recently I had a squeak that I swore was the upper driver shock mount and it ended up being the passenger lower ball joint.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2013, 10:16:44 AM »

I thought about that but this noise is pretty pronounced. It did lead me to a broken engine mount on that side.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »

Passenger lower ball joint replaced. The old one was looser than a private high school chick on prom night. Going to ride it out the next few days before I call this closed.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2013, 04:30:53 PM »

It's catholic high school chick.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2013, 07:29:42 PM »

And is a Catholic school private? Yes it is. Suck my balls.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2013, 10:15:40 PM »

No. I don't want to.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2013, 08:22:06 AM »

Liar.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2013, 07:17:54 AM »

Figure I'd give an update. The lower ball joint did remedy the noise I heard from the passenger side. Obviously, for those two or three days after my first attempt, it was considerably noisier thanks to my almost breaking shit but the replacement is doing great. I get minor noise now but I'm pretty sure its my UCA because I get it on the driver's side on similar bumps.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2013, 07:56:30 AM »

Took off my PS UCA to give it a thorough inspection as that was the only thing that didn't make sense in my suspension knocking in that corner. Found the ball joint had been partially popped out of the arm from the back where it can't be seen. Seems I may have FINALLY found my clunking issue. I popped it back in but since it seems to have been out like this since summer of 2012, its not going to hold out much longer. Time for a new UCA. Yay...

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2014, 08:19:45 AM »

Last night I welded the balljoint that I found popped out of the UCA so many months ago in an effort to see if that was my knocking. Knocking has ceased. Good thing I have a pair of new front UCA en route but the weld job can certainly hold for a long ass time. Yeah, I'm lazy or maybe I got distracted. Who cares. I once and for all found the source of my knock.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012