Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:42:28 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 195340 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 11, 2011, 06:37:52 PM »

installed my metra aftermarket module so that I can use my OEM steering wheel control. It was kind of dumb. I had to cut my radio wiring to ground the steering wheel control. O well

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 19, 2011, 08:17:29 PM »

Another issue.

ONLY IN AM settings, I have this annoying, high pitch "whine" that occilates in loudness.  It does not occur continuously, nor constant across the various AM stations.  If I am experiencing the "whine" in one AM channel and switch to another, typically the second channel does not have the whine.  If I then switch back to the original channel that had the whine, it may still be present or may have gone away.  It is hit or miss.

Also, the loudness or frequency of the whine is irrelated to the sound associated with the ground loop or acceleration.  It is random.  The ground and power lines are connected to the stock wiring.  Again, ONLY IN AM CHANNELS.  FM, Aux and CD does not produce any odd noises.

Please help.

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: October 19, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »

Sounds like poor AM reception.  Did you have this same problem with your OEM radio on the same stations?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 19, 2011, 08:21:51 PM »

That's AM for ya.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 19, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »

Sounds like poor AM reception.  Did you have this same problem with your OEM radio on the same stations?
No problems with the stock unit at the same station settings.  That's why I find it odd, especially if occuring only with AM.

That's AM for ya.
Ya telling me.  I'm about to sucker punch the AM settings... LOLz.  Cheesy

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: October 19, 2011, 08:57:56 PM »

Could be a shitty AM tuner in the head unit.  Have you called the manufacturer of the head unit about this yet?  It doesn't seem like an install issue, but I recall something about using a small capacitor for AM reception problems.  That's kind of an old school trick though.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 19, 2011, 09:04:47 PM »

^^ No Tim, haven't called the manufacturer.  It could be that the HU is 6+ years old.  Thanks for the advice thus far!  Going to see what the manufacturer recommends....

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: October 19, 2011, 09:11:10 PM »

It's worth a try.  Even though it's an old product, there may be some option.  I work for an audio company and we offer support for products that we sold back in 1966, so anything is possible.

Tim
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 18, 2011, 10:01:16 PM »

So i started thinking i can install the jl audio cleansweep myself would i have to tap into the speaker out ect.. lines in back of my nav unit or cut the ones i need and feed them directly into the cleansweep harness ?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: November 18, 2011, 10:06:49 PM »

You'd need to cut them.

Tim
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 20, 2011, 10:55:59 PM »

I've got a question for you guys: Anyone that has replaced the door speakers, how did you mount them? I know there are some sort of adapters you can buy and I've heard of a few people that made adapters out of mdf. Reason I ask is because back a few years ago when I had my other Accord I just took to a shop and had them put new speakers in it and I'm pretty sure they just cut the shit out of the door until it fit. Which is the best way to do it?

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: November 21, 2011, 08:10:30 AM »

That depends what the best way means to you.  Do you want to return it back to stock one day, or do you want the best audio?  There are adapters that clip into the stock speaker mounting location.  You can also use MDF rings (I have a few that you can have) to mount them to the door.  Sometimes you need to cut the door a little bit for clearance of the speaker magnet since some speakers can be larger than others.  I've done a few installs in Accords, so if you need any help, I'd be glad to come give you a hand.

Tim
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2011, 01:49:53 AM »

Ok cool, so pretty much just a MDF ring is needed, I don't HAVE to buy the adapters. I originally thought I was just going to cut the medal on the door like that shop did on my other Accord but once I took off the door panel I realized just how much metal they had to cut out to get the speakers to fit and didn't feel comfortable doing it. Thanks Tim!

On a side note, when the rear window blew out of the old Accord, my Pioneer 6x9's were toasted so I think i'm gonna go ahead and buy two sets of 6.5in components and replace the coaxials in the front as well. I've had my eye on a set of Planet audio BB625C components but I think at least for the front speakers i'm going to go with Alpine SPR-17S components. I should atleast spend the money on a good set for the front.

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: November 22, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »

^this

Tim
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 23, 2011, 10:28:09 PM »

You'd need to cut them.

I was looking around for parts when i saw they sell reverse oem wireharness i was thinking of getting one and running my wires from there but am not sure if nav and regular radio have same plug i think is a 20 pin
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012