Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:07:57 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 195350 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »

All of those amplifiers require a harness.  I'm not sure if it's specific to the amp or not, but you're going to have to cough up extra money with the Pioneer amps.  They nickle and dime you on every accessory.  The JL Audio amp may have the harness included.  Call the manufacturers to find out though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2010, 05:09:58 PM »

well since im not gona have shop do it for me i guess ill go with alpine

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2010, 06:27:08 PM »

i think i decided on this one. 75W is what my speakers can handle RMS and it seems  to be deacent with speaker level inputs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Pion ... ioQ5fVideo

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2010, 12:18:32 AM »

Will the Alpine MRV-F450 ( http://www.crutchfield.com/S-I4MhZMKbKN ... -F450.html ) be able to power a 2 ohm sub?

The specs only list its power for 2 ohm speakers but not sub. Just want to make sure, found a great deal on craigslist.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2010, 01:24:48 AM »

Yeah, the only rating for the sub channel on that amp is for a 4Ω load.  If you have a 2Ω sub, you're SOL.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NytShade
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
NytShade pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2010, 08:35:56 AM »

Hey guys,

Id like to be able to put the metra relocation kit in and use a single din CD Player with an 8" drop down screen (not retractable, just sits over the face of the kit)

Can anyone with the kit measure how much room you have from the top of the din to where it would first hit on the bottom? I could always go with a 7", but bigger is better!

Also, how do you guys "operate" the cd player once it is in the relocation area? if you have the radio playing on the stock h/u how do you pop a cd in?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »

You question is a little confusing but, generally the stock raido isn't hooked up to any speakers so it operates only as a clock/climate control.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »

Quote from: "NytShade"
Id like to be able to put the metra relocation kit in and use a single din CD Player with an 8" drop down screen (not retractable, just sits over the face of the kit)

Can anyone with the kit measure how much room you have from the top of the din to where it would first hit on the bottom? I could always go with a 7", but bigger is better!

I don't understand what you're asking either.  So, you want a single DIN CD player, and then you're going to block it and make it inaccessible by slapping an 8" drop down screen in front of it?  What's the screen going to drop down from anyway?  You may want to rethink this.  You're over complicating a very simple set up.

Tim
NytShade
Fucking Newb

NytShade pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2010, 09:14:07 PM »

Sorry guys, I was kind of rushed this morning.

To the first question- What im doing is installing a metra relocation kit. But the headunit I thought would be cool is a single DIN, with a NON MOTORIZED, drop down screen

Pyle Screen

That is a link to show you what im talking about, but not the actual item (the one I want is an 8" screen, not 5")  My question was how much room is there (would I be able) to fit the 8" screen that goes down below (infront of/blocks) the "pocket" (that the kit forms) or would it hit the center console infront of the shifter.  Therefore, my next option would be a motorized 7-8" flip up screen, and again, would I be looking at clearence issues? (this time up)  

Second question- So what your saying Mike is that when people do the metra kit they mainly let the oem radio go, and use the aftermarket h/u as the radio/cd/dvd player? Just clarifying.

Thanks guys,

Luke
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2010, 09:32:09 PM »

I have a simple solution to what you're trying to do.  You're over complicating the fuck out of this by trying to stuff 20 pounds of shit (yes Pyle is crap) in a 5 pound bag.  You're better off getting a double DIN instead.  At least that will look clean.  Even if you pull off whatever it is you're trying to do, it's going to look like it was half assed.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »

I agree with Tim I would go double din, and yes you will need to purchase a wiring harness that basically makes the OEM radio a display.
JuStIcE
Fucking Newb

JuStIcE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 20, 2010, 12:20:09 PM »

Lately I have notice that my subs aren’t hitting as hard as they were the first time I installed them. For the past week my subs have been acting a little funny. As I am listening to them they seem to get a little low at times only for a second. Then they would just hit hard again. I have checked my battery out it is still good. The power cap is staying fully charged. I just can’t figure out what might be causing this problem. I thought maybe I might need an alternator upgrade? Any information about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

JuStIcE
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: August 20, 2010, 01:28:32 PM »

If your running a cap and it's staying fully charged your alternator should be okay.
Fenix

Reputation Power: 4
Fenix pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 20, 2010, 03:18:39 PM »

Have you checked the connections?

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: August 20, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »

It could be your amplifier. 

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012