Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:18:09 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 194129 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 09, 2009, 02:36:12 PM »

I've noticed a lot of questions lately on audio systems and would like to just have a general Q&A thread for people looking for quick answers.  I know there are a few audio guys in here like Rich and I that can help answer questions for you.  Hell, if it's a question about home audio or home theater, I can probably help you with that too.  So, post away if there's anything you'd like to know.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:51:59 PM »

By installing a double din ( Alpine IVA-W505 ), would the audio signal be sent to the stock headunit and then to the speakers or to the speakers directly?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »

No, you would completely disconnect your OEM h/u and use the IVA-W505 to power your speakers, or you could run RCA's from the IVA-W505 to an amp to power your speakers.  Your OEM h/u would be completely disabled and basically become a clock.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:52:07 PM »

unless he has dual zone and he still has to give the stock radio 12v/gnd/acc and illumination

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 11:11:24 PM »

Sorry, I just thought that was assumed.

Tim
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:31:19 AM »

My h/u is steering wheel control compatible. If i buy the controls and the adapter for my radio, should that work since my car didnt come with them

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 01:59:35 PM »

It's possible, but may cost a bit for all the parts.  I haven't tackled this yet, but I really want to.

Tim
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 02:10:55 PM »

Yeah i should've mentioned that I have dual climate control. So I still need to have power to the stock headunit. So wait. If was to run RCA's to an amp and then to the speakers, can there be a way to merge or combine the signal from the amp along with the signal from the stock headunit to the speakers so that I can still have the ability to use the stock headunit?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 03:23:33 PM »

No.  Don't do it.  That is the  worst idea ever.  I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but using the OEM h/u to send audio to an aftermarket h/u defeats the purpose and is the most retarded thing ever.  If you really don't want an aftermarket h/u, get a good line level audio processor and use that with your OEM h/u instead of an aftermarket h/u.  Get something like an AudioControl LC6i or LC7

Tim
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 10:22:02 PM »

Tim, I think he's talking about being able to choose between listening to the stock radio and listening to the aftermarket radio. (I.e. by having the stock stereo speaker wires spliced into the speaker wires from an amplifier or aftermarket unit.)

I might just do that. If I ever got pulled over for loud music I could say my h/u was just a GPS and my radio was completely stock. Then turn up my stock radio with no bass... LOL
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 01:35:05 AM »

I honestly think it's a bad idea and not worth the effort.  To wire the OEM h/u to an AUX in on an aftermarket h/u just doesn't make any sense to begin with.  To wire the OEM h/u and an aftermarket h/u to your speakers is also a very bad idea, and would require at least 8 relays to switch back and forth between the two sources.

Tim
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 09:58:31 AM »

ahh shit...8 relays??? forget it then...but im still able to use the climate control since i have dual climate right? thats the last thing i need to lose

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 10:20:03 AM »

Yes you maintain the dual climate control provideing you leave the stock head unit in place. Basicly your stock head unit becomes a clock, and the screen for your climate control.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »

Yes, you keep all of that.  As long as you retain your factory HVAC/CD panel, you will keep your dual climate controls.

Quote from: "timot_one"
Your OEM h/u would be completely disabled and basically become a clock.

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Basicly your stock head unit becomes a clock, and the screen for your climate control.

Let's hope we don't have to keep repeating ourselves.  I'd like to stay away from the theme of having to answer the same question over and over again in the same fucking thread because someone doesn't read what was written the first goddamn time.

Tim
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »

Yes, you keep all of that.  As long as you retain your factory HVAC/CD panel, you will keep your dual climate controls.

Your OEM h/u would be completely disabled and basically become a clock.

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Basicly your stock head unit becomes a clock, and the screen for your climate control.

Let's hope we don't have to keep repeating ourselves.  I'd like to stay away from the theme of having to answer the same question over and over again in the same fucking thread because someone doesn't read what was written the first goddamn time.

Now they can read it twice before they ask  :lol:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012