Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:53:13 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 194138 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: August 08, 2013, 01:29:26 AM »

I can look that up for you.  If you're hearing something knocking from under the stereo, you should probably look into that first.  Honestly, the ECU wouldn't really be affected by something like this.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 08, 2013, 06:59:00 AM »

Tim would you think the multiplex control unit could be the issue if all else fails?

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 08, 2013, 07:11:19 AM »

I can look that up for you. 

That would be great

If you're hearing something knocking from under the stereo, you should probably look into that first.  Honestly, the ECU wouldn't really be affected by something like this.

That is what I had hoped.  It is hard to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from.  I'll have to remove a couple dash panels this weekend and take a closer look. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: August 08, 2013, 11:29:37 PM »

Tim would you think the multiplex control unit could be the issue if all else fails?

Sure.  Stranger things have happened.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 09, 2013, 01:09:50 PM »

Well I figured out where the sound was coming from, although I have no idea what it does.  According to the parts diagram, it is a "Stopper" (54023-S5D-A81). 

It only does this clicking when in park, without the brake applied.  If I apply the brakes, or shift out of park, it does not do this.

Video:

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: August 09, 2013, 03:06:37 PM »

Mine clicks to.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 09, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »

Only when the blinker is on and in rhythm with it?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: August 10, 2013, 08:26:31 AM »

Nope different click. Mines random like a fucking gremlin.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 14, 2013, 07:31:12 AM »

Swapped the combination switch, still no change. 

When I put the car into reverse, both blinker lights on the dash briefly light up.   The image on my HU from the rear view camera is very distorted and basically fucked up. 

Could a faulty rear view camera be causing all these problems?  I hate to keep throwing money at this by replacing things but I'm running out of ideas... 

There is an auto electrical repair shop near my house that I'm going to take the car to if I can't figure it out.  I'm just not looking forward to spending hundreds of dollars for them to try and diagnose the problem. 
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 19, 2013, 07:50:52 AM »

Checked the rear view camera wiring, the tail light wiring, and the head light wiring and harness. All looked fine.  I tested every single fuse in the car and all tested fine.  I checked every single ground wire in the engine bay and they were all were fine.  I pulled the stereo out and redid EVERY single fucking wire.  Nothing worked. 

I think I've done everything I can, time to take it somewhere I guess...   Cry
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 20, 2013, 09:28:25 AM »

Okay so completely different question.  I think my rear view camera is bad and I bought a replacement.  The camera itself is the same but the wire harness is different. 

On the old camera harness, at the end that plugs into the headunit, there is a little red wire coming out that connected to the  Reverse sensor wire of my headunit.  The new cable does not have this red wire.  So what do I connect to the reverse sensor wire, or do I just leave it disconnected? 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: August 20, 2013, 01:02:47 PM »

Is that reverse sensor wire on your head unit hooked up to your reverse lights?

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 20, 2013, 01:44:52 PM »

No, the reverse sensor wire on my head unit is connected to the little red wire that comes out of the camera's yellow connector that plugs into my head unit. 

here is a picture

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: August 20, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »

So, what do you have triggering your head unit to switch to the reverse camera?

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 21, 2013, 07:22:50 AM »

That little red wire coming from the yellow connector. 
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012