Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:21:25 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 194192 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: October 22, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »

Power leads for my back up camera are short, should I tap into something on the rear lights or run them to the seats in the trunk (where my amp and power distribution block is)

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: October 22, 2012, 11:29:45 PM »

You can run them to the rear lights if you want.  It's fairly simple to do.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 22, 2012, 11:38:50 PM »

You can run them to the rear lights if you want.  It's fairly simple to do.

I'd have to extend it even to reach the tail lights. If I am going to extend it I feel the easiest option is to tap into the distribution blocks, is there any issue in using that?

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: October 22, 2012, 11:58:30 PM »

Is this for power or to trigger the camera on?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 23, 2012, 12:37:36 AM »

Is this for power or to trigger the camera on?

Power only

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: October 23, 2012, 12:56:27 AM »

Distribution block should be fine.  Just make sure you have a fuse in line.

Tim
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 23, 2012, 11:42:16 AM »

Fused at battery and fused in the block Smiley

You taught me well!

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 26, 2012, 12:18:04 AM »

Camera tested and working, making the connector was fun!

Have to mount and hide the wire clean

A S I M O
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 04, 2012, 12:10:38 AM »

Opinions on the best 6x9 speakers for under $200?  I need a new pair after one of my Polks blew. 
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 04, 2012, 12:27:58 AM »

I was thinking about maybe the Focal Access 690CA1 SG or the Soundstream SST 6.9.  Anyone with experience with either of those?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #505 on: November 05, 2012, 06:57:43 PM »

Focal makes great stuff, but the access is the low end of their line up.  At that point, you're just paying for the name.  Here's the advice I give everyone when it comes to speakers.  Listen to the speakers in your price range and buy whatever sounds best to you.

Tim
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #506 on: November 05, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »

Why doesn't Bose make systems for our cars? Those snobs, I'd love to put a Bose system in my car...after I sell my kidney on the black market.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 05, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »

That's because Bose sucks. Ask Tim his feelings about Bose.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 06, 2012, 05:08:11 PM »

So since my amp is 300w RMS and my sub is 350w RMS, does that mean I can set the amp to "max" rather than "normal" (assuming its not clipping)

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: November 06, 2012, 10:05:55 PM »

Why doesn't Bose make systems for our cars? Those snobs, I'd love to put a Bose system in my car...after I sell my kidney on the black market.

Acura RSX's came with a Bose audio system.  I don't think they're worth a kidney though.

So since my amp is 300w RMS and my sub is 350w RMS, does that mean I can set the amp to "max" rather than "normal" (assuming its not clipping)

If you're talking about your input gain, you need to set it according to the output voltage of your head unit.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012