Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:03:19 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 195817 times)
Bwek
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
Bwek pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 02:15:25 PM »

So that IF i want to listen to my dvd mp3 or watch a movie I can
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 01:04:10 PM »

You'd probably benefit from making your factory radio an Aux input on your aftermarket unit. Switching it around in other words. But it's up to you how you want your sound to sound...
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 05:32:22 PM »

Yeah, that part doesn't make any sense to me at all.  You've basically taken an aftermarket h/u and dumbed it down and reduced the sound quality by having the audio go through your OEM h/u.  Like Steve said, you can do whatever you want if you think that it sounds good that way.  I know enough about car electronics and audio systems to say it's an ass backwards way of doing things to have steering wheel controls and a multi CD changer.  When I got into car audio, the goal always was to improve the sound quality of my audio system.  I just don't understand people that retain their OEM h/u and think that the piss poor sound quality is good enough if they add an amp and some aftermarket speakers.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 10:22:51 PM »

unclejud49348, Please, PLEASE don't buy your speakers at best buy. You can preview them sure, why not. If you find something you like go to ebay amazon or just look around on google shopping. They have MUCH better deals! :Dx

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
unclejud49348

unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 09:35:41 PM »

Quote from: "Paulius005"
unclejud49348, Please, PLEASE don't buy your speakers at best buy. You can preview them sure, why not. If you find something you like go to ebay amazon or just look around on google shopping. They have MUCH better deals! :Dx

Thanks Paulius for the advice. Yeah I have been searching around but I haven't actually decided on what I want yet. I think my gf is getting me speakers for our anniversary so I better pick out what I want quick.

Any suggestions (from anyone) about what brand of speakers to get?

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2009, 01:31:27 AM »

I've had personal experience with MB Quart, Infinity, and Pioneer. I liked the MB Quart speakers and Infinity speakers the most. Still using them in fact. Pioneer is a good company for entry-level speakers but for sound quality you wanna find something that's not sold at Walmart or Pep Boys.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2009, 09:04:38 AM »

Some of the speakers that sound good to me are MB Quart Q Series, Infinity Perfect, Alpine Type R and Type X, Polk Audio MM Series and SR Series, and Focal K2 Power and Utopia Be.  Those are speakers that I have listened to and would suggest.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »

Can anyone suggest a good way to prevent the rear view mirror from vibrating loudly during bass notes?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2009, 01:16:50 PM »

The one on the windshield?  Just make sure that it's secure.  I've actually knocked mine off when I had the volume up really loud.  It slides forward to remove, so you may want to make sure it's secure first.  That's usually the cause of it rattling and making noise.  If that doesn't work, you may want to try and get something that will damped the vibration.  Maybe a spray on rubber that you can do a light coat of?

Tim
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2009, 03:50:17 PM »

When you say it slides off, is that at the base where it connects to the windshield?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2009, 04:06:08 PM »

Yes.

Tim
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2009, 01:41:51 PM »

hey guys my friend installed a system on his car. Now i feel like jumping on the band wagon, and getting one myself. I just want some bump in the trunk. i dont know what brand of sub/amp to go with. i would like to have quit a bit of bass tho. im going to keep my stock radio (EX) and stock mids/highs.... i do listen to alot of hip hop along with some house music. so i think a 12" would be ideal. since im not upgrading all my system components i wouldnt mind spending abit more for a quality sub/amp? what do u guys think

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2009, 02:04:52 PM »

Since you asked, I think you're making a big mistake by only adding a sub.  Don't blow your wad on a sub and amplifier.  Just get an inexpensive 10" and amp if you're not going to upgrade your interior speakers or h/u.

Tim
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2009, 02:25:58 PM »

what 10" sub and amp combo would you recomend tim?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2009, 02:48:24 PM »

Something cheap.  Maybe like an Alpine Type E or Type S subwoofer and an Alpine MRP-F300 mono amplifier.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012