Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:07:10 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSB for six speed manual  (Read 10015 times)
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2008, 08:00:27 AM »

If this has been posted elsewhere please delete this one. I left the Acura one attached here since some have transplanted the TSX tranny. Honda TSB 08-020

Honda 6 Speed Manual Transmission Problems

A TSB has been released to address the 3rd gear grinds, pop outs and difficulty engaging the gear.

HONDA VEHICLES AFFECTED:

* 2003-2007 Accord V6 with M/T = ALL

* 2008 Accord V6 with M/T 2-Door = From VIN 1HGCS218.8A000001 thru 1HGCS218.8A003478

* 2006-2007 Civic Si 2-Door = ALL

* 2008 Civic Si 2-Door = From VIN 2HGFG215.8H700001 thru 2HGFG215.8H701973

* 2007 Civic Si 4-Door = ALL

* 2008 Civic Si 4-Door = From VIN 2HGFA555.8H700001 thru 2HGFA555.8H702465

ACURA VEHICLES AFFECTED:

TSB 08-018 (Same wording as Honda TSB)

* RSX-S 6SPD All model year

* 2003 CL 6SPD

* 2004-2007 TL 6SPD

* 2008 TL 6SPD VIN 0-3xxxx

Rick, token old bastard.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 01:15:20 PM »

Good info Rick.  I'm glad to see that the TSX 6MT is not on the list.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:03:16 PM »

Yeah, it seems they got that one right. It's a major repair on the others....10 hours!

Rick, token old bastard.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »

Yeah, this definatly not DIY stuff for the casual guy.....

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:37:58 AM »

so far dont have problem with mine. maybe it was already done before i got the car? is there way to tell if trany was replaced?

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »

hey paul, do you know if this service was done to my transmission over there? is there a way you can check it?  obviously i'd like to have this issue taken care of before it gets installed.. if need be.

-brian
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 01:51:30 PM »

Thanks for sharing Rick. Now at 82K, the Hawk is starting to be a bit difficult about clearing the gate on 3rd sometimes, although it goes away significantly after a fluid swap. It's now due anyway (15K since last) but I will keep an eye on it. This may be one of the things I get done along with the 100K timing belt maintenance.

-JT

v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 10:09:15 AM »

60K and still going good on my tranny.  1st gets notchy for me on occasion but its never become a real problem.

J u s t i n
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 10:40:41 AM »

I got this done on my ride. I highly recommend getting this done sooner than later.

It doesn't matter if you still have a warranty or not, it's a TSB and Honda should fix it no matter what.

Be prepared to leave the car at the shop for more than 1 day.

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 10:04:33 AM »

Quote from: "06BlackDevil"
Quote from: "Mr Eazy"
I got this done on my ride. I highly recommend getting this done sooner than later.

It doesn't matter if you still have a warranty or not, it's a TSB and Honda should fix it no matter what.

Be prepared to leave the car at the shop for more than 1 day.

Actually Mr. Eazy, Being I work for Nissan at the parts counter, there is a big difference between a Recall and a TSB.....A Recall is something that HAS to be replaced (usually a safety issue) and they send out letters to homes to inform the consumers. Warranty or none, the dealer HAS to replace it!
As for a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin)- Is usually an on going (but not all)  problems for a vehicle...if the Tech cannot diagnose the car on his own, he would then check the dealers assist and read the TSB which shows him how to diagnosis and correct the problem. If the vehicle falls under the TSB and the problem is positive, Only Warranty will pay for this. If No warranty is present then the consumer is responsible.
Parts- 3rd Gear Set retail- $275.00
Labor- 19hrs- $1,968.oo (appx 3-4 days)

Thanks for the correction Derrick.

For all it's worth I hope you're wrong and Honda will fix it for you. However, since you already have the price, then I'm guessing it's a no go.

Good luck bro.

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »

Anyone ever looked into those extended warranty they have advertising on TV. Some have guys from Nascar promoting them. Are they just talking out of their asses or do they actually offer a good, legitimate warranty?

Rich
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 01:13:09 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Good info Rick.  I'm glad to see that the TSX 6MT is not on the list.

+1!   I'm looking at an 05 TSX 6MT   :wink:
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 09:04:56 AM »

Quote from: "06BlackDevil"
Quote from: "slipkord"
I'm looking at an 05 TSX 6MT   :lol: SMH!

No offense man, but you do not know what you are talking about.  How can the gear ratio's "suck" and what do you mean by "falls out of VTEC"?  The TSX's sport 6MT would be considered an upgrade from the Accord's economy 5MT because it has shorter gears.  If you ever drive an i4 Accord with a 5MT and then get into an Accord with a TSX 6MT, you will eat your words.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »

Why modify mounts when you can swap internals?  Seems like a shitload more work to get a RSX-S or Civic Si tranny and modify the mounts.  The TSX tranny is a direct bolt on with no modifications required.  To be honest, if you want shorter gear ratios, the best alternative is the Accord Euro-R tranny.  It's the same housing as the TSX so mounting is not an issue, it has the same gear ratios as the RSX-S, and it also comes equipped with an LSD.  A lot of guys that build K Series drag cars just swap the internals for shorter gear ratios.  That seems to be the more practical thing to do.

Here's a chart to show you the gear ratios between different K Series transmissions.

Tim
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »

I'm not sure if the RSX and Si tranny cases are made out of magnesium like the TSX one is, but if they are, I've heard it's a motherfucker to weld.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012