Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:58:25 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help identifying what's leaking?  (Read 21033 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 08:09:12 AM »

Have you ever pulled an engine before? Manuals are your friend if you haven't and from the sound of your reply, its apparent you haven't before. BTW, it is a PITA for a little ass seal.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 08:11:54 AM »

This is not a job for the inexperienced DIYr, you need good tools and knowledge. There are several ways to really screw things up if you don't know what you are looking for. You also need to be prepared to not have the car for up to a week to allow for mr murphy to show up and screw things up for you (ie, breaking a bolt, nicking a axel seal, breaking a sensor plug pulling the engine/trans out, finding another problem). Then to top it all off when you go to pull the old seal out if you put the slightest nick in the crank you are totally screwed and will need a new crank/engine in order to keep from chewing up seals. Is this diyable, yes, is it for the beginner/lesser experienced, oh hell no.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 08:14:06 AM »

LOL nope I haven't done it before... this is the first car that I've ever attempted any DIY's on (it's the first car that's actually mine). From Paul's post it seems this should not be something that I try as a first engine work DIY either. Damn, I guess this is going into a shop... mod plans must now be delayed.  Sad
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »

LOL nope I haven't done it before... this is the first car that I've ever attempted any DIY's on (it's the first car that's actually mine). From Paul's post it seems this should not be something that I try as a first engine work DIY either. Damn, I guess this is going into a shop... mod plans must now be delayed.  Sad

have you checked the other things suggested... The seal should be your last option! Check the simple shit first.
Fanitron

Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »

Yeah, I checked the mounts and they're bone dry. Also my fluid levels haven't changed too much over the last week so my guess is the leak is very slow ATM. I have no actually taken the little steel plate off yet but from what Paul and Rich are saying about it and when I was under the car last weekend, that is definitely where the oil is seeping from so once I get that cover off I will be able to confirm the source of the leak.
Fanitron

Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »

Leak has been confirmed. Rear main seal will be replaced next week.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 08:48:42 PM »

Let us know the cost man.
Fanitron

Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »

I was quoted $700.. they are dropping the subframe to get the transmission out rather than pulling the engine, which means there's also an alignment after everything is put back together. Depending on any other worn parts on either the suspension or engine the costs could increase of course.  mad
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 08:58:23 PM »

Thats not to bad.
Fanitron

Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 09:25:42 PM »

My parents use these guys, it's a local shop and they're pretty fair with prices and always use OEM rather than cheap aftermarket. I've seen some other people say they've been quoted much higher than that so I'm not too upset about it. Really it had to be done since my driveway is looking so shitty from all the oil drips.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 10:02:30 PM »

Yeah. It still sucks that that kind of money is being forked out for a $10 part though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Fanitron

Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »

Yup. They guy even told me the part was only $40 from Honda. lol he's like "you're at 123K KM.. I guess it's about time" lol Do you think I should ask him to swap out my mounts while he's at it or can I just do those myself?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2012, 08:19:47 AM »

May as well have him do the trans, and rear mounts he is back there any way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2012, 09:27:56 PM »

Finally taking it Paul next week to get this and a few other things fixed.

Rich
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »

Rich, you've got that leak too??

What else are you getting done?  Any goodies?? I'm jealous!

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012