Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:25:19 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting new wheels, need some help.  (Read 9511 times)
cotton617
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
cotton617 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »

So I've been reading stickies and researching for hours and I'm still a bit confused with wheel measurements and offset.  Anyways I have a 03 Accord V6 EX sedan with stock wheels and stock suspension and I'm looking to pick up some new wheels.  I love the Volks TE37 but they are a bit out of my budget so I've been looking at Enkei SR6 in bronze as well as the Sparco Assetto Gara in bronze.  Any opinions on quality between these two brands?  I'm thinking 18" would be a good size to go to considering a friend of mine has some 18" Pirellis (I think they are 245/50/18)  from his Audi he is giving away, but what offset should I go with?  I believe for the Enkei SR6, 40 and 50 offset is available and the Sparcos I'm not sure what they come with.  What would be best?  I would rather not have to mod anything in the suspension to get a good fit.  Thanks
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »

Considering the stock steelies, 06-07 v6 alloys are +55, 03-05 alloys are + 45 and all 3rd gen TL wheels are +45, I think you'll be fine. However, you didn't mention the width of the wheels you're getting, if you plan on lowering later, etc. Those are important details to know so that we can help you out better.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cotton617
Fucking Newb

cotton617 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »

I have the OEM alloys:

I probably won't lower later on, what would be best? 18x8 or x8.5?

And I thought my factory offset was +55?

*EDIT* Just looked the SR6's up on 1010 and they only come 18x8.  Is that okay?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:54:42 PM by cotton617 » Logged
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:26:39 PM »

With that particular wheel, which would make it 18x8 and the tires your friend has, I'd go with a +40 offset.

I just realized my mistake. I forgot to say the 03-05 v6 6 speed alloys are a +45 offset. Yours are a +55 I believe.

As for a drop, that can be discussed in another thread for what you're looking for and what people recommend.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cotton617
Fucking Newb

cotton617 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:20:37 PM »

Do you think 245's are too wide?  And is the 50 ratio okay?  Can I expect better or worse performance?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »

A 50 series sidewall will be fairly tall.  I have 245/40/18's on my wheels.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cotton617
Fucking Newb

cotton617 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:00:56 AM »

so the 245 width shouldn't be a problem?  so the 50 will be too tall? I thought more sidewall the better?  im such a noob when it comes to wheels...
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »

sidewall can help prevent damage to your rims when going over potholes and such.. but there is an overall diameter that you should be staying close to, to prevent issues with ODO and Spedo reading incorrectly. So if your stock rim is 17 and has a 215/50R17 tire, then your 18 rim would APPROX be 235(245)/40R18... the width at 235 will equal out to a total diameter slightly smaller than your stock rim plus tire, and at 245 might be a hair larger... there are actually tire size calculators online that you should use once you've determined rim size. Hope this helps!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »

Did I hear wheel and tire calculator? Click me!

pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »

figured i'd post here so i didnt have to start a new thread. I need some advice... I have an 05 coupe with stock 5 spoke wheels. I have the opportunity to pick up a set of enkei rpf1's size: 16x7 for $500 dollars. I know these wheels alone go for around a grand. I really wanted to get the 16x8 version of these wheels, so my question to you is, Should i get the 16x7 and save a whole lotta money, or wait to spend 500 more dollars for an extra inch of width?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 04:16:12 PM »

I'm assuming they are the correct offset for your car but what are the chances of being able to flip them? Why settle when it's something you don't really want?

Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 07:58:33 PM »

A little missinformation in this thread...step aside, step aside.

I'm thinking 18" would be a good size to go to considering a friend of mine has some 18" Pirellis (I think they are 245/50/18)  from his Audi he is giving away

245/50/18 will be almost 3" taller overall than a stock tire.  I know I'm late responding to this but this will not work.  245/40/18 is the correct width and aspect ratio. 

I forgot to say the 03-05 v6 6 speed alloys are a +45 offset. Yours are a +55 I believe.

The 03-05 6-speed wheels are still +55mm offset.  In fact, I think every rim that came stock on the 03-07 Accord is +55mm 

figured i'd post here so i didnt have to start a new thread. I need some advice... I have an 05 coupe with stock 5 spoke wheels. I have the opportunity to pick up a set of enkei rpf1's size: 16x7 for $500 dollars. I know these wheels alone go for around a grand. I really wanted to get the 16x8 version of these wheels, so my question to you is, Should i get the 16x7 and save a whole lotta money, or wait to spend 500 more dollars for an extra inch of width?

This is a personal preference so take this as advice or feel free to ignore it.  Spending $500 or $1000 on a 16" set of RPF1s will be ludicrous.  On the bigger-bodied Accord, the RPF1s only start to look good in 18" and to some extent 17".  RPF1s also look best at 9" or wider.  That's the width where they are concave.  Even at 8.5" they stick out and don't look very good IMO. 

18x8.5

18x9

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »

Meh.

pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 10:43:24 PM »

i also have a 4 cylinder, and i dont want 18" wheels. I thought i was getting these wheels for a steal of a price. I think they will look good if i drop the car, which i plan on doing....in the far future...when my stock suspension goes.. Wink
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 10:53:47 PM »

Go for it if that's what you want.  I think that 16" wheels look too small on our cars.  They're better suited for Civics and Integras. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012