Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:19:29 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird noise when braking...  (Read 11840 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »

I am using centric rotors with wilwood bp10 semi-metalic front pads and post quiet semi-metalic in the rear. Its super quiet. I suggest replacing the pins and boots while your doing the brakes. It takes an extra 20 mins but it could save you $$ down the line. Those stupid pins like to get stuck.

Here my .02 on drilled rotors. They suck and make hella noise when your braking. Mine didn't crack yet but it was annoying to the point that my car sounds like a semi-truck stopping.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 08:51:58 PM »

I am using centric rotors with wilwood bp10 semi-metalic front pads and post quiet semi-metalic in the rear. Its super quiet. I suggest replacing the pins and boots while your doing the brakes. It takes an extra 20 mins but it could save you $$ down the line. Those stupid pins like to get stuck.

Here my .02 on drilled rotors. They suck and make hella noise when your braking. Mine didn't crack yet but it was annoying to the point that my car sounds like a semi-truck stopping.

Don't always have to replace the pins but, you should at least pull them out clean them and grease them
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »

^ true. I only replaced mine because they were having a hard time sliding in and out. So I bought the whole rear set pins and boot for about 15 bucks.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »

[UPDATE]

So just a late update to the weird noise.... It was the rotors! I recently had the rotors and the brake pads changed and had a full system vacuum of the brake lines and added new Honda brake fluids.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012