Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:41:07 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: old function form coilover??  (Read 5190 times)
CNY240

Reputation Power: 1
CNY240 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:09:02 AM »

Good idea to buy??? i know who is selling they are type 1's..... i can get them 250$$$, He put them on his coupe 2005 accord in novemebr 2011, and lost his job and are now for sale for 400 and i low balled with 250 and he is willing. they were brand new too start with, anyone have any .02?? im only going to drop 1.5 and this seems almost too good to be true. anything to check or look for?!?!?
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 01:34:01 AM »

After you buy them you can send them in to get them service. Sounds like a great deal to me. You might wanna wait for a few more replies to see what to look for still though.
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 02:01:32 AM »

Since I'm only dropping 1.5 or so , how necessary is a camber kit? Or dampening kit? I have no plans on slamming it since its also my winter car. Anyone happen too know off hand the price to be serviced? Would there be a warranty or anything?  Sorry never thought I would be doing suspension so this is all pretty new too me.  They will e getting out on my 2005 accord 4 door btw   
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:26:48 AM »

At the least you'll need a rear camber kit for even a mild drop. And don't forget an alignment at a shop that also know how to adjust camber.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 07:54:02 AM »

If you only want to drop 1.5 inches, don't buy those F&F coilovers.  Even on the highest setting, it will be much lower than that.  That's why I had to get rid of mine. 
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 08:30:19 AM »

Why do they advertise that it retains stock ride height?
So basically the higher adjustment wouldn't even be close too normal ride height? I was also planning on staying with normal tires and not low pros
It's such a good buy that even if I get them should I sell on here?? Idk I just don't want to be stuck with them if I can't drop the small amount that I want
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:43:17 AM by CrackerTeg » Logged
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 10:34:48 AM »

So basically the higher adjustment wouldn't even be close too normal ride height? I was also planning on staying with normal tires and not low pros

Like Ikethegreat said, it's nowhere near normal ride height. If I remember correctly, the highest you can get F&F type 1's is like 2 inches lower than stock. I don't think the tires will really matter since low profile tires on bigger wheels and stock tires should be the same rolling diameter.

- Bobby
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »

Why do they advertise that it retains stock ride height?
It's such a good buy that even if I get them should I sell on here?? Idk I just don't want to be stuck with them if I can't drop the small amount that I want
I merged your frantic bump like it's a life or death situation posts.

That said, functions are low ass coilovers. If you don't want to go that low, you can flip them if you want. No sense in buying and installing something you don't really want. Thing is, I don't see how much profit you'd get here since we now know how much you got them for. Just sayin.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »

I'd pass on them if you don't want to go that low.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »

Yeah I guess I'll pass on them thanks again guys, I would love to drop 2-2.5 but central new York roads are pot hole city and gotta deal with 2-5 ft of snow so I'm better off not doing it  Cry
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »

Thanks crackerteg for another good point I'm better Off getting told its a dumb idea then be 1,000 over my head 6 months from now on something I didn't really want Huh?
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 11:17:55 PM »

You can delete this thread btw
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 12:53:19 AM »

Nah, it's cool.  It's worth keeping the information out there for anyone else that has the same question.  What's the point of asking a question and then deleting everything after you get the answer.  This is probably going to be very helpful for someone in the future.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012