Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:53:05 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which ipod adapter?  (Read 3418 times)
Pandapocalypse

Reputation Power: 1
Pandapocalypse pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:02:51 PM »

I'm finally getting around to adding an ipod adapter to the accord and I'm looking for some advice on which adapter to use. 

It seems most people on here use this http://www.amazon.com/USA-SPEC-PA11-HON-vehicle-interface/dp/B000NN9SMK, the USA-Spec one. 

However I was looking around and I found this guide: http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm. 

That guide recommends using:Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X and a RCA to 1/8" Phono adapter cable. Here's the links http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/BLITZSAFE_HON_AUX_DMX_V2X.html / http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pie35rca6mm.html. 

Price is about $20-$30 difference but I'm wondering if anyone has used the Blitzsafe adapter and what were there results like?  Thanks for any input, I'm virtually clueless about stereo/electronic stuff.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 12:43:08 PM »

I have the USA-spec and love it.  No complaints.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pandapocalypse

Pandapocalypse pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 01:46:28 PM »

Thanks for the input.  That's the one I'm leaning towards since everyone here seems to have had success with it I was just curious if anyone had ever used anything else with good results.
Pandapocalypse

Pandapocalypse pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:51:36 PM »

Just wanted to post a little update with my experiences.  I wound up going with the Bliztsafe adapter, I got a great deal and wound up saving about $35 over the other one.  It's been installed on my car for about a week so far and I really enjoy it.  For those of you looking for a cheaper alternative to the USA-spec adaptor, give this a look! *This was installed in an Accord without nav or xm radio*

Pros:
-easy installation.  No idea how it compares to usa-spec but it was basically a matter of removing the center console and plugging it in.  No more than a 45 min. job.
-Only about $60-80 depending on where you get it.
-Retain the use of your factory cd changer.  I know I'll probably never use it now that I have the ipod hook up but I still feel better having it.
-Great sound quality and volume.
-Full ipod functionality, shuffle, access to all songs etc.

Cons:
-Can't use the steering wheel controls Sad Obviously the volume still works but tracks need to be selected via the ipod itself.
-Some people claim their car will periodically not recognize the device.  I've turned my car off and on probably 2 to 3 dozen times since my adaptor has been installed and my car has never not recognized it, but it is something I'll be keeping an eye on.
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »

USA SPEC! Does everything listed in the post above mine + steering wheel control and always recognizes! ...only downside compared to blitz is price but at $30 that's a sneeze compared to what you paid for the ipod in the first place

Edit: one more thing, USA Spec also has a 3.5mm audio jack that I occasionally use for streaming pandora from my android phone

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Pandapocalypse

Pandapocalypse pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 11:34:35 AM »

I didn't mean to make it sound like the usa-spec didn't have those same functions, I was just pointing out what I noticed about the blitzsafe.  The usa-spec is a great product, I've seen almost no negative reviews of it anywhere, I only wanted to provide my experiences with a different product.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012