Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:07:26 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dimensions of the under CC cubby hole???  (Read 4587 times)
redludesh
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
redludesh pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2012, 10:55:27 AM »

Has anyone on here made a custom gauge/light/switch etc. holder for inside the doored cubby hole?? If so do you happen to have the dimensions and or any advice on doing this?
I bought a 24x24 peice of ABS plastic and my hopes are simply to cut a flat peice of it, in the correct size and affix it somehow to the inside middle of the cubby hole just after the rest for the door inside.
Then put holes in it for the Boost Gauge, AEM Eugo, turbo timer, Hondata trouble light  and mp3 connector switch. It looks like all this will fit, im just lost on the size of the hole hehe and how to affix the flat plastic to the inside. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

This cubby hole
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/illushunz/project.jpg
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 11:47:38 AM »

Buy the radio dash kit then get the gauge pod trim, it will let u run 3 gauge pods ,it will look cleaner

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »

Problem with that Clemente is that he doesn't plan on running 3 gauges. He needs custom.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
quickkick127

Reputation Power: 0
quickkick127 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »

I would just take it out and measure it yourself.  It is really easy to get out.  There's probably a how to on here for getting the cubby out.  Pop it out, fit your plastic piece at the depth you want it and then with it out you can find a way to mount the face plate.  You can always do something as simple as bolting some butt blocks in so the face plate has something to rest against and hold it in place and then silicone the face plate to the butt blocks when you have all your gauges mounted.  You obviously already planned on cutting holes in the cubby to run your wiring so I wouldn't think you'd have anything against drilling holes to mount those blocks.   This is just some quick solution, I'm sure there are other, more professional ways of doing it.  Hope it at least gets you thinking.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:44:06 PM »

I'll try and figure something out when you come over next weekend. I'm sure we can come up with something that will turn out good.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
redludesh
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
redludesh pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 06:06:43 PM »

Theres a radio mount kit with gauge pod that allows that door to still close??? link please???

Tim..Okay cool. I'm trying to do as much as possible before the 31st-1st weekend so as not to overwhelm you lol. Got the boost gauge in at least :-)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 06:54:40 PM »

There's actually a dash kit that replaces the cubby door.  If I'm assuming correctly, you don't want the gauges to be visible when not in use.  Re-using the cubby is probably the best option.  Don't worry about the fabrication though.  I'll get ya taken care of.  It just may take some time.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012