Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:09:52 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tire Stretch Help  (Read 10186 times)
James_P
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
James_P pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »

Hey guys, Im getting 18x9's, and im looking for tire help. I want a medium stretch, nothing thats going to cause the bead to pop off or anything. I was looking at 215/40's and 225/40's but i couldnt determine from tyrestretch.com what would fit my needs... Im just looking for suggestions on what size you guys would say. Thanks alot!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 07:43:30 PM »

To be honest, I don't think anyone here would be able to help. Reason being, stretching tires isn't safe no matter what anyone says.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:06:50 PM »

If you look at the specs of the tires, the widest recommended rim width for a 225/40/18 is 9".  The widest recommended rim width for a 215/40/18 is 8.5".  As you already pointed out, stretching tires can cause the bead to pop off.  The safe option would be the 225's.  Just be careful with the whole stretched and stanced thing.  While it may look cool, it's dangerous for daily driving.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 10:12:13 PM »

James, what offset are you looking to get?  Are your fenders pulled, or are you willing to pull them?  How much negative camber are you looking to run?  Also, what tires are you looking to get?  Certain tires are wider in the same width than others; i.e. a 255 Federal 595 RS-R is wider than a 255 Bridgestone RE-01R.

Also, why do you want to stretch tire?  FYI, guys that run aggressive offset stretch tire because they have to in order to run wider wheels and lower offset without rubbing.  Some track guys may opt to go for a slight stretch, i.e. a 245 on a 9" wheel instead of a square setup of 255 on a 9" wheel.

Flush wheel fitment is one thing, but the whole hellaflush scene has taken things too far; which is why you'll see that most people on this forum are against it.

- Mark
James_P
Fucking Newb

James_P pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 08:42:40 AM »

The offset is +20, and i am willing to pull the fenders. (i know im going to have to pull them actually lol) but the tires are Falken 512's. From pictures and specs on how low im going to go, i figured i needed a stretched tire because of the width being 9''. I dont want a crazy amount of stretch because i do know the dangers of that. I was just looking for something with a mild amount of stretch. Nothing to crazy, but enough to help me get the tire under the fender. Thanks for all your help guys, i learned more and more everyday
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 12:25:08 PM »

so i must be driving a ticking time bomb..lol 225/40/18 just fine... not too much stretch compared to those running a 205/40's on a 10+ inch wheel< thats unsafe... but a 225 on a 9 inch is not too bad

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 12:56:17 PM »

so i must be driving a ticking time bomb..lol 225/40/18 just fine... not too much stretch compared to those running a 205/40's on a 10+ inch wheel< thats unsafe... but a 225 on a 9 inch is not too bad
You are a ticking time bomb.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
James_P
Fucking Newb

James_P pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »

do you have any pics of how much stretch you have with the 225?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 03:49:58 PM »

With a +20 offset on a 9" wide rim you're definitely going to need to pull your fenders and quarters if you want to tuck anything. You won't need to worry about our tires rubbing as much as wrecking your wheels.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »

With a +20 offset on a 9" wide rim you're definitely going to need to pull your fenders and quarters if you want to tuck anything. You won't need to worry about our tires rubbing as much as wrecking your wheels.

+1 I had my buddy's Rota Grids on my coupe (just for shits) specs are 18x9 +23 iirc.  And it stuck out like crazy and my rear is out 2* (slightly lowered on tein s. techs 2 Fr/1.25 Rr)

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
James_P
Fucking Newb

James_P pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »

+1 I had my buddy's Rota Grids on my coupe (just for shits) specs are 18x9 +23 iirc.  And it stuck out like crazy and my rear is out 2* (slightly lowered on tein s. techs 2 Fr/1.25 Rr)

do you know the specs on the tires by chance, that looks like alot of stretch
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 07:23:52 PM »

They were pretty stretched, I'll edit once I get the specs.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 07:29:20 PM »

That just looks stupid. They are probably 205's from the looks of the tread.

James_P
Fucking Newb

James_P pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 07:34:02 PM »

yea that looks pretty stretched, Im lookin at a 215 minimum.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 07:52:11 PM »

I was wrong on the wheel size 18x9.5, tires were 225 40.

-Ryan

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012