Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:37:42 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to splice high beams to an OEM switch?  (Read 7886 times)
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2012, 09:03:43 PM »

Hey guys. So within this mext month, I'm going to throw my car in the shop to fix/paint my front end, slap a lip on,new headlights, inspires and high beams with HIDs.

I found a write up of how to splice fogs to an OEM switch, just can't find out about the high beams. Billy(CrazyCreashunz) has done it but haven't been in contact with him since he's been busy.

Reason I want this is because I want to be able to turn my high beams on/off whenever I want because I want to enjoy the 3000k high beams that I will install. Not just have it controlled by the regular headlight marker.

I have a shop over here where I live in WA that can do it but it'll take them time. Would any of you know how to/know somewhere I can find the splicing steps? If I supply these guys with the steps, it'll be less time/less money I have to spend on getting it done.

Thank you fellas.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 08:57:55 PM »

15 views and no replies? Help me out here guys
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »

Wait.  I don't understand why you don't want to use the factory lighting/turn signal switch.  Can you explain your reasoning behind this?

You're going to run the risk of fucking something up and it may not work properly.  On top of that, it's dangerous for other drivers and illegal to drive around with your high beams on.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 01:09:35 AM »

Wait.  I don't understand why you don't want to use the factory lighting/turn signal switch.  Can you explain your reasoning behind this?

You're going to run the risk of fucking something up and it may not work properly.  On top of that, it's dangerous for other drivers and illegal to drive around with your high beams on.
Well Tim, Billy has done the mod so I know it's possible, I just haven't been able to get in contact with him. I'm not going to be driving around with my high beams on all day. I just want the ability to turn them on/ off as I please without my low beams having to be on.
I have been thinking back and forth if it would be worth it because Billy only has 2500 Nokya bulbs which is probably not as complicating to do as HIDs. I just want to see if there is a diagram of how to do it.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:13:44 AM »

The only way I see how to do it without fucking something up is to wire them up like fog lights. Is it legal? Probably not.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 09:36:46 AM »

Ohhh.  So you want the high beams on without the low beams on.  I see now.  It shouldn't be too complicated to do.  I'd have to look at the wiring for the high beams, but it's probably as simple as wiring a switch to the trigger on the high beam relay and then to acc 12v. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »

Ohhh.  So you want the high beams on without the low beams on.  I see now.  It shouldn't be too complicated to do.  I'd have to look at the wiring for the high beams, but it's probably as simple as wiring a switch to the trigger on the high beam relay and then to acc 12v. 
Yeah sorry I might've not been clear with my question but yes, I just want to turn them on without low beams being on. Thanks for taking a look at that for me Tim, shoot me a pm or post it here when you have it.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 03:08:18 PM »

I'll have to take some time to look through my wiring diagrams. I know how to do it, I just have to find the time to look up the wires.

Tim
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 03:27:54 PM »

Sorry, was having my own ride issue since Friday lolz... all resolved now. Anyways back OT I have my high beams running like normal as any stock ride but I ran them to a switch (oem foglight switch) so that I can turn them on independtly without the low beams or fogs being on. What I did I really can't remember since I did this about 2 years ago and all my wiring is taped up and hidden. Sorry I can't be more of help. If I can get a chance this week to look under the hood I will try and see if I can trace what I did. Right now my ride is parked up. Back to a 5 day work week so I won't be driving as much now  Sad

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »

Yeah Tim, take your time, I appreciate the help.
And Billy, yeah dude it's cool and if you could find something out for me, that would be great too. I do have an OEM swith already that I had for my OEM fogs so I'm ready.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 03:08:20 AM »

Can't wait 'til this is updated so I can get on it!
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 08:29:14 AM »

But you said take your time.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »

But you said take your time.

I said I cannot wait... In a good way... Puto!
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 10:46:11 AM »

you can make your own relay harness for it or you could just buy aftermarket fog relay kit and just use it like your wiring up your fogs.. wire it the same way you would to be used in the bottom but just run it to the high beams.. you will need to change the H11 plugs from the fog harness and convert it to 9005..

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »

A relay harness would make sense if he was adding another set of bulbs.  It really isn't necessary in this situation though.  Essentially, the only thing you need is a second trigger for the high beams to go to the relay.  It really is as simple as running a wire from an accessory power source to a switch, and then a wire from the switch to the relay. 

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012