Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:53:24 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Door Switch not working  (Read 14911 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 10:59:06 PM »

Hahaha.  Good luck when the rain clears up.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 09:54:11 PM »

Tried switching the switch with a new one and no luck Sad

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »

Fuck dude.  That sucks.  Lemme spend a little time doing some reading tonight.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 11:11:54 PM »

Fuck dude.  That sucks.  Lemme spend a little time doing some reading tonight.

Ya, I was half expecting that since I couldn't find anything special about the switch, but was still crossing my fingers. Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 11:54:36 PM »

Okay.  First, the light shouldn't have anything to do with this problem.  It will not affect how your door switch works.  I've been reading through a few things and here's what I'd suggest you do.  If you have a digital multi meter, take it out and follow these steps:

remove the left kick panel to get access to the cabin fuse/relay box
remove the 14 pin connector from the fuse relay box
check for damage to the connector and wires
check the light green/red wire in cavity 12 on the connector for damage (that's the wire for the passenger door switch)
reconnect the 14 pin connector
test again, and if it doesn't work continue on
with the door open check for voltage to ground on the light green/red wire
if you don't get 1v or less, it's either the switch or a damaged wire

That's about it Sam.

Tim
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 12:40:38 AM »

Okay.  First, the light shouldn't have anything to do with this problem.  It will not affect how your door switch works.  I've been reading through a few things and here's what I'd suggest you do.  If you have a digital multi meter, take it out and follow these steps:

remove the left kick panel to get access to the cabin fuse/relay box
remove the 14 pin connector from the fuse relay box
check for damage to the connector and wires
check the light green/red wire in cavity 12 on the connector for damage (that's the wire for the passenger door switch)
reconnect the 14 pin connector
test again, and if it doesn't work continue on
with the door open check for voltage to ground on the light green/red wire
if you don't get 1v or less, it's either the switch or a damaged wire

That's about it Sam.

Thanks Tim! I'll check out the connector sometime this week, hopefully that fixes it. If not, I'll be back in Houston in ~2 weeks, where I left my multimeter and will be able to check out the problem further.

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:31 AM »

Good luck with that man.  Hit me up if you need help while you're checking through things.  You have my number, right?

Tim
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 11:02:48 AM »

Good luck with that man.  Hit me up if you need help while you're checking through things.  You have my number, right?

Naw, I think I lost it when I switched over phones. Sent you PM!

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012