Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:33:00 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help! lost on camber kit>>  (Read 3688 times)
daslowun

Reputation Power: 1
daslowun pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »

hey all, dont mean to sound like a noob but i really am with the accords.
well i have some xxr 527s 18x 9.75 all around on 215/40/18 tires.. but right now i dont have any camber kit so they stick out like crazyy..
i want them to sit stanced but my front is rubbing again no camber kit.. anyone know what i would need exactly so that my rim tucks in so it sits behind the fender.. the tires are stretched already so i just need to tuck them in??? please any help would b greatly appreciated.. Cry

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 01:50:54 PM »

well, you need to be dumped to get a decent amount of camber.

Most Accord owners get new upper control arms with adjustable ball joints.  You can get new adjustable ball joints, but I think there are clearance issues with the stock upper control arm.

The reason I said you need to be dumped is because there is a limit to the range you can adjust the ball joint.  As the car gets lower, it naturally gives you negative camber.  So if you're current ride height gets you -4 degrees, you can get -4.5 by going lower.  It's something you have to play with and find the right balance.

What offset are your wheels?  If the offset is too low and you cannot get them to tuck in with ride height and camber, then be prepared that you may not get them to fit without either pulling the fender or getting wider fenders.

- Mark
daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 02:46:04 PM »

damn yeah i just found all this out yo.. my boy did research for me

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

So, you don't have a camber kit right now?  I have the Ingalls camber kits in the front and rear.  As Mark said, there are clearance issues with the Ingalls ball joint style front camber kit.  If you are really low, they will hit your shock tower if you're not careful going over bumps.  The only front camber kit that I know of that is the upper control arm style is made by Junk2.  There may be others that you can find, but I haven't really done the research yet.  Maybe your boy could do the research for me too?  Cheesy

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 06:03:51 PM »

well yeah wut alpha said was exactly on point! (thnx for lookin out alpha btw) i have the same thing sitting at the house but we started lookin info up and theere will b clearance issues beacuse it will not give me enough negative camber unless i buy the upper control i forgot but another brand makes it also megan also.. and i would have to dumpppppp it and trimmm the fenders AND rollll them outt like crazyy since the wheels are so wide WITH an offset of +20! and i dont have coilovers so it would ride crappy as hell... SMH , so even AFTER all this money spending i would not b able to DAILY DRIVE the vehicle unless i wanna go thru tires like socks >>> LOOK AT THE ATTATCHED PIC

lol so yeahh i got the wheels up for sale now . sum dude suppose to trade me for g37 wheels tonight tho! my other favorite wheels on 7th gens 

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »

exactly! hahahaha ^^^

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 11:59:41 PM »

haha gangster camber

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »