Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:52:09 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about different banjo bolts for Goodridge SS lines  (Read 2044 times)
quickkick127

Reputation Power: 0
quickkick127 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2011, 11:57:06 AM »

Hey guys, I bought a set of goodridge ss brake lines off another member recently and threw them on thursday which cost me a new rear caliper since the bleeder just snapped right off.  Well after getting a new one and getting it painted, I tried to throw it on last night and this time the bolt that goes through the banjo snapped before it even felt like it was seating.  This bolt was supplied with the ss lines.  I had my buddy go dumpster diving to find the original bolts (since we did the initial job at his house) but there are a few differences.  The original bolt only has one inlet hole while the Goodridge ones have two.  The original bolt is longer even though the ss banjo is wider than the factory one.  Also the hollow shaft of the goodridge bolt is of larger diameter.  It would seem that the goodridge bolt will allow for more flow than the factory bolt.  Do you think I'll have an issue with running the factory bolt?  I'd actually rather use the factory bolts cause the Goodridge bolts are so light and cheap feeling in comparison.  Thanks for your opinions.

Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 12:48:32 PM »

You should not have any issue running the original banjo bolt, they just tried to improve on the design of the bolt, as long as it doesn't leak your golden.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 08:58:20 PM »

New bolt was probably meant to allow increased flow with a sacrifice made in fit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012