Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:25:51 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil Question  (Read 3580 times)
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:44:37 PM »

Hey guys,
I was really busy last weekend and got my oil changed at JiffyLube because I just didn't have time to do it myself.  Well I was looking over my receipt and it turns out they used 10W-30 instead of 5W-20 (which I know is what is supposed to be in our V6's).  I'm going to take it back this weekend and have them change it regardless, but I am wondering if there's any chance of damage to my motor and if I need to get it changed back out sooner?

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »

No chance of damage at all, unless that 10w30 is actually water, or filled with dirt, or something like that.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:55:27 PM »

not at all. every day at work i see accord owners using the bulk 10w30 and they're cars run fine. albeit i do try to sway them to use 5w30/20 but when i try to explain how oil works they just look at me and say 'I don't care'

owell; kinda pisses me off when those fucks don't take care of their cars but they end up not messing up as much as say me (hell i took way too much care of my car and it ended up chewing itself up from the inside. well started to, that's why i got another one...)

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 01:26:02 AM »

Sorry to hear about your mishap with Jiffy Lube.  I wish I could say more on your oil issue, but I would guess that you will be okay if you baby your car until you get it changed, which should be soon.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 05:52:00 AM »

You are fine, I actually use 10-30 in my engine builds, the 5-20 gets real thin when the engine is at full opereating teperature.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 10:38:27 AM »

same thing happened to me.  i typically change my own oil unless for whatever reason i cant, but i took my car to Midas about 6 months ago and they did a 10-30 fill.  wasnt a big deal in the end

J u s t i n
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 09:34:23 PM »

Ok thanks guys, im gonna try to get it changed this weekend

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: