Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:49:19 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: alarm prob  (Read 7127 times)
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2011, 06:13:44 PM »

My alarm goes off at random times, by itself... no one touches car, and key is on the table, floor, etc... someone told me if i replace my car battery it would stop (my battery was low, and died alot).. it was good for a week, and now its doing it again...any input? also my passenger door lock will lock/ not lock at random times.. (when i press open, the lock wont disengage, and theres times where i press lock and door stays open, have to push lock down so doors lock with remote,, not sure if that helps
thanks for your time guys
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 06:35:44 PM »

Do you have any add ons to the alarm? For example I have cabin sensors with my alarm and if the windows are down the sensors pick up movement outside the car and make the alarm go off.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 06:38:54 PM »

Hmmmm... is it an aftermarket alarm system?I know my bad door switch made a bunch of weird and wonderful things happen, very similar to what is happening to your door locks, check the switch, along with the battery, a good battery usual has at least 12.4 volts with the car off.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 08:05:19 PM »

It could also be a bad install too.  I've seen a ton of problems occur because of a shitty install.  If they half assed it and used wire taps, something probably came loose.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 08:07:24 PM »

Oh sorry its the oem alarm
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 08:08:37 PM »

Then that's a different story.  I'd listen to Rushzer0.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 01:29:24 AM »

Hmmmm... is it an aftermarket alarm system?I know my bad door switch made a bunch of weird and wonderful things happen, very similar to what is happening to your door locks, check the switch, along with the battery, a good battery usual has at least 12.4 volts with the car off.

im using an autocraft gold..like i said tis the oem alarm... what do you mean check the door switch?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Battery,-Group-Size-51R,-500-CCA-AutoCraft-Gold_2130008-P_2916_R|GRPBATTAM2_____#fragment-2
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 06:46:49 AM »

The switch at the door.  It's like a mini computer.

Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 08:36:10 AM »

The one that has your buttons for unlock, lock, windows up, and down on the drivers side door, make sure the connecter with all the wires is fully plugged into the switch that's what happened to mine in combination with the switch in the door jamb that tells when your door is open or close (it's the little button covered in rubber that the door pushes when closed) mine was bad I paid about $14 from the dealer for the new one it's held on by two screws I think
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 11:55:27 AM »

So I have a viper 6901 installed on my car with tilt, cabin sensors and a back-up battery. The issues that I'm having are the following:

1. When alarm is activated / deactivated the doors won't unlock.

2. Remote start won't engage. My car is a 6 spd so I have to do that whole sequence thing.

3. I can open the doors with the alarm activated and the alarm won't go off for like 30 seconds later.

Basically it's not doing it's job.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 12:00:32 PM »

Brain bad.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 12:23:53 PM »

So I have a viper 6901 installed on my car with tilt, cabin sensors and a back-up battery. The issues that I'm having are the following:

1. When alarm is activated / deactivated the doors won't unlock.

2. Remote start won't engage. My car is a 6 spd so I have to do that whole sequence thing.

3. I can open the doors with the alarm activated and the alarm won't go off for like 30 seconds later.

Basically it's not doing it's job.
Double check the wiring..  paying attention to your power and ground wires..  Check the door trigger wires also..

Make sure the switch the for the remote start didn't accidentally get switched off.  Is the remote giving any error codes after you try engaging remote start?  Also, check the wires going to your immobilizer bypass.

If it all checks out, then as Z said, probably a bad brain.

- Mark
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »

It it's the brain, it'll be the second one that goes on me. I'll try checking the wire at the battery terminal.  The rest are hidden somewhere in the car and I have no clue where the alarm people put them.

I checked the switch for the remote start. That's not an issue either.

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 07:48:09 PM »

Might be the wiring and then programing of the unit  I had to do some work myself on my viper alarm since the default settings sucked

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012