Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:07:10 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are my brake pads missing something?  (Read 7967 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 11:33:43 AM »

I could see it on cheap pads but, when your paying for something good you think they would leave the $0.06 wear indicator on both sides.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 08:19:55 PM »

They are EBC blackdash slotted rotors, they looked pretty cool when I first got them, they had a black protective coating
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 09:01:49 PM »

I have them to over time the begin to look worse and worse...
quickkick127

Reputation Power: 0
quickkick127 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 12:42:38 PM »

I have the same rotors and they turned an odd pale green after three or four weeks.  They're still cleaner than factory rotors that rust, just not black like I wanted.

striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 05:53:20 PM »

Mike, you bring up some god points about the pads.  If they don't wear evenly due to a problem, it'll make diagnosing any issues more difficult.

Rushzer0 - Those are the same rotors that I ordered too!  In your pics, they didn't look like a set of EBCs, but I can kinda see the resemblance now.  Has the black coating held up along the outer perimeter of the rotors (near the vents), or has that worn off and the only black left is on the hub??

Regarding painting the backs of the pads, I might skip that step (might) because I forgot that the black shims will probably cover 80-90% of the lime green color.  But, we'll see since I have yet to mock the shims up and see what they look like.

Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 06:17:28 PM »

All the black eventually comes off :/ but I live on an island in the atlantic so the salt air tends to wreak havoc on things and ya they are EBC one of our suppliers had a deal I bought rotors and green Stuf pads all around the boss got the slotted dimpled rotors and red Stuf for his wifes Audi TT haha he got me to do the break-in procedure to bed the pads it was a fun little car
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 10:57:17 PM »

I have the rotors Dave. The braking surface turns silver right away. The best way to describe the other areas is that the oxidase over time. If you keep them clean the black color last longer. Mine are okay and look great from about six feet. If you get up close they have are sort whiteish over black. Kind of cloudy
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012