Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:31:14 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: striktlyaccord's audio build...  (Read 28369 times)
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2009, 02:25:50 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Just spend the $10 for the wiring harness for both head units.  I'd also recommend getting a PAC TR-7 bypass module.

Now now Tim.

Can you point me in the direction of this wiring harness on Majestic's web site since I need to buy other stuff from them anyway within the next few days.  And why do I need this other harness exactly?  I thought I was good to go with all the friggen wires that came with this Alpine I bought, but if I need other stuff, let me know now so I can do one order.

Oh, and I lucked out with the PAC TR-7 because it was included in the sale deal, which I assume allows for a lot of "override features" in regards to video?  I also got an iPOD a/v cable, backup camera, a PAC Swi-Jack (for steering wheel audio controls, which I don't have on my LX model but maybe that can be another custom job), and a PAC Tato (worthless since it's basically a module that allows the Alpine to work with factory Toyotas that have JBL amps).  Yeeaahhh boy.

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2009, 03:39:32 PM »

I don't think the harness is a Honda part. If your talking about the harness to power both head units, it's not. I have one of those laying around that I would give you if we are talkig about the same thing.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2009, 04:07:27 PM »

Hmm... should I add a capacitor to this mix?

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »

^  Not sure.  Guess I need Tim or Mike to elaborate more on this harness.  I don't even know if I'd care much to even power the oem headunit after I install the Alpine considering the backlight on the display is out and the headunit shuts off and on at random.  It makes my commute to work that much more fun.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2009, 06:13:11 PM »

The harness is not  a Honda part at all. It's basically a plug and play harness so that you don't have to cut into any of the factory wiring. I got mine from amazon. com.

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-HA09B-200 ... 40&sr=8-11
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2009, 06:50:19 PM »

Quote from: "striktlyaccord"
Hmm... should I add a capacitor to this mix?

I don't think so.  I've merged both of your threads together, because there's no need to have multiple threads on one topic.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »

Im pretty sure thats what I have. I bought one off of ebay, the one in my car now, because I didn't realize that the crutchfield lower cubby kit came with one. I am about to upload pics, so someone can confirm its the right one. What you do is you solder the aftermarket harness with this, ending with three plugs. One goes into the back of the new h/u another goes into the OEM h/u and the other connects to the car wiring harness. It's yours if you want it. I have no need for it.

Here are the pics:

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2009, 07:14:15 PM »

Dave, get Bill's harness.  That is what you need.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2009, 11:09:20 PM »

Mike, thanks for the link, but it says that that wiring harness if for the EX V6, so I dunno if it will work in my car or if that doesn't matter.

I know for a fact that the Alpine I got has a harness soldered onto it, but it came out of a Toyota Tundra so I'm not sure if the harness is universal and will work for the Accord or if it's only specific to the Toyota.

Bill, if you really don't need the harness, than it couldn't hurt for me to grab it from you just to be safe.  Just let me know what you want for it, cuz I can paypal you for it, or at least cover shipping to my address, which I will pm to you right now.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 08:29:10 AM »

Dave that is the one you need. The one on there is Toyota specific.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2009, 11:03:25 AM »

Tim
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2009, 04:04:30 PM »

^  Don't worry Tim, you can touch all this stuff when you help me put it in lol.  Be patient with me haha.

I ordered the Honda audio attachment today as well.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »

That's not why I'm expressing disgust.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »

Dude, I was wondering when that pic was coming back out.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2009, 11:07:50 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
That's not why I'm expressing disgust.

What'd I do?  I'm lost.  If it's because I'm asking so many noob-ish questions, remember, "no question is a dumb question".   :mrgreen:

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012