Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:43:37 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power Folding Dreams made into a Reality  (Read 6001 times)
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2011, 04:49:28 PM »

I Finally got around on taking a quick video of how i have the folding mirrors set up.. i used two 528t Post timer Relays and one Automotive Relay SPDT 30/40 amps.. the post timer relays supply power both ways to the mirrors with the factory power locks and remote, the reason we used this scource is because power locks work pretty much the same as the mirrors there is only two wire that both use + and - on both wires.. meaning when they lock the supply the power one way and when they unlock it reverses the power. Also to avoid the mirrors from folding in and out while the car is running and you push the unlock button inside the car was using the spdt relay to use it to kill the power going from the switch using this relay connected to the ignition power. Ill be glad to help out anyone that want more info on this mod..

Main Things you will need to get this Done:

2 OEM or After Market Inspire Style PW folding mirrors

2 528T Post Timer Relays

1 Sptd relay 30/40 amps

Quick Video

Direct Link
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/xenonhids/?action=view&current=powerfolding101105.mp4

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 06:08:35 PM »

Great work very impressive

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 06:59:32 PM »

Thats a unique mod.. Awesome work...
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »

Very impressive.... did you have to modify the mirror housing to get the mirrror to fold, I guess my question is what is making it fold

question

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »

I might be hitting you up for this MOD soon Alex, so be prepared for my questions lmaooo

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 10:41:55 PM »

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a set of those myself.  Not sure if I want to drop the coin though. 

Thought of Alex today as I was walking past a HID booth at AutoRama in Detroit today.  No homo.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 11:10:18 PM »

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a set of those myself.  Not sure if I want to drop the coin though. 

Thought of Alex today as I was walking past a HID booth at AutoRama in Detroit today.  No homo.

lol thats funny tim... yeag guys i can still get the mirrors if anyone wants a set..

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »

Just for shits and giggles, PM me with a price quote Alex.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 08:17:11 PM »

Hey Alex...
I'm getting the TSX mirrors will these work as far as getting them to fold with the remote (as of right now I think they only fold like our stock mirrors by pushing them in)...?

daslowun

Reputation Power: 1
daslowun pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 11:00:23 PM »

Yeahh I might b pickin a set up too, I also would like to know?

ADI

ADI pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »

Hey Alex...
I'm getting the TSX mirrors will these work as far as getting them to fold with the remote (as of right now I think they only fold like our stock mirrors by pushing them in)...?

The only mirrors with the powerfold function are the JDM Inspire side mirrors and the CL7 Euro R side mirrors and i believe the Euro R style (euro-r rep), they are built with the powerfold motors inside. So if you want the powerfold function you need to start with one of those first.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »

I can confirm that the TSX mirrors are not power folding.  They only fold in manually (by you pushing them in).

Tim
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 10:07:02 PM »

Ah, thanks guys well I'm getting the TSX mirrors tomorrow and they coming in my color so they will do for now!

e713
Fucking Newb

e713 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 05:23:05 PM »

Got Euro TSX CL7 powerfold on the way, now comes the fun part and aligning them to fit and wiring them. I found little info of these mirrors on a sedan. Are the Cl7 mirrors the same as the inspire ones?

2007 Accord Sedan i4 Ex-l
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012