Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:49:33 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Window tint  (Read 5912 times)
telavani
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
telavani pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2011, 03:24:15 AM »

I put this here since I couldn't find it in the search but I have recently had my windows tinted and after a day or two they scratched. I took it back and the guy told me it was because there was no felt applied to the weather stripping and that the rubber was scratching the tint. He put some in the doors and said it would be fine well now it's scratched to he'll and he is telling me there isn't anything he can do about it. My question is have any of you experienced this or does anyone know a fix.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:38:57 AM »

All 7th gens have that issue unfortunetly. I've tried the felt thing and it didnt work either.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:53:16 AM »

There was something I spotted on v6p regarding this very thing. It was moleskin actually.

Here's the link: Linky!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »

Yeah that's what the guy used and the glue on the back melted the moleskin came off and now he is like unless you find a better fix I won't do it
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:18:07 PM »

Sounds like the guy that did your tint did a half ass job.  It's an issue with the installation, not the tint.  Find someone else to do the job right.  That's what I would do.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 02:04:05 AM »

Its the installation, the quality of the film, or both..

When I had my 7th gen, I never had felt nor moleskin and I didn't have a problem with my tint being scratched..

- Mark
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 04:46:47 AM »

Well This is suppose to be the best guy in town he used llumar film and as far as the moleskin goes I watched him put it on and he took his time with it it's just a bad situation now an I'm kinda pissed! Lol but I'll figure it out

Edit( soo as noob as this sounds they weren't scratches it turned out to be excess glue from I assume the moleskin job it dried and felt and looked just like scratches. Anyway now I'm afraid to use the windows cause i think may e the moleskin came off I'll keep you guys posted)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 10:30:32 PM »

When you watched him put it on, did it look very difficult? How much of the door panel do you have to take off? My car is being retinted tomorrow, and I was just going to have them install it. However, they want $20 a door to do it. So I'm going to just say fuck it and maybe try doing it myself.

telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »

They charged me 25 per door to do it and no it didn't look very hard but he took the entire door panel off to do it. The thing he did was use some chemical to prep the rubber to have it stick better. Like I said I'm not sure of mine came off yet or not but I did have the glue smear all over the window after words I'll let you know what happens when I take the door panel off to check it.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »

Its really easy to put on. Took me 1hr to do all doors. I took my time since I already broke one of the latch cable once. So I was working really really slowly. I took out the rubber peice and was washed it down. There was dirt and rocks? trapped in the channel. What ever you do, do not cut the felt. I layered it over and covered the 2 rubber piece into 1 piece. You can see a crease in the felt.

felt

Door without weather seal thingy. I hung the door back up so that I wouldn't break those cheap ass plastic green crap.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:07:30 PM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 02:20:22 AM »

I'm not eniterly sure what you mean with not cutting the felt and making the two pieces one? I'm wondering if the guy that put mine on may have done this cause he mentioned something about putting on two separate pieces or something. I guess I will find out when I pull the door panel sometime this week.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 04:02:58 AM »

yeah.. I didn't cut it because the glue will streak off and go onto the tint and mirror. I had them on for a few days now. NO random streaks. Tints are going on this friday.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012