Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:38:33 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remove interior  (Read 5460 times)
telavani
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
telavani pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2011, 08:34:35 PM »

Hey guys not sure if this should be here or audio but I'm wondering how to remove the door sill so I can run power wire for my stereo under them is there bolts or do they just pull up also how do you unbolt the rear seat. Thanks again
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »

Door sills are held in by plastic clips, just gently pry them off.  To unbolt the seats, you remove the plastic covers that cover the bolts at the back of the seat rails, then you remove the bolts, then you unclip the wiring harness from the seat and remove the clip that holds the wire to the bottom of the seat.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:29:57 AM »

Also I forgot to ask about how to get the center consol off
and i cant find a place to pass the power wire through the firewall i do have a 6 speed if that makes a diff?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:05:22 AM by telavani » Logged
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 01:10:36 PM »

not to be pushy guys but i really could use an answer to the power wire thing i cannot for the life of me find a place to run it through.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »

Run it down the door sill opposite side of your RCA's. As for where to pass it through the firewall, all depends on if you have a manual or auto tragic. Find the grommits by the pedals and fish away.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 02:03:46 PM »

well i have a 6 speed v6 and most of the installs i find that have pics show it passing through the hole that my clutch pedal currently occupies so im kinda lost. lol
thanks for the help so far
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »

i have a 4cyl manual and i found a grommet to the right of the gas pedal behind the lower cubby.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 10:33:42 PM »

There's also another grommet between the clutch and brake pedals that's behind the sound deadening.  The difficult part is that this grommet passes the wire into your frame rail, so you also have to fish it out of there.  That's where I usually pass power wire through on installs that I do.  David's suggestion is also a good one if you want to make life a little easier for yourself. 

By the way, if you actually search a little bit, you'll find that the power wire question has been answered in a different thread. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 11:09:26 PM »

sry you can lock this one if need be i should have checked it i was just in the middle of the install today and was getting pissed cause i could not find a hole. lol i passed it through a grommet near the center of the dash about a foot down it dropped downi the center right behind the stock radio and actually worked out great lol.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 11:56:49 PM »

I kept your thread open, because there's not a whole lot of info on what you originally posted.  Glad to hear it worked out for you though.  If you need any more help with your install, I can PM you my number and you can call me any time.  I've done a few installs on Accords, and I know a tiny bit about car audio.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 06:21:22 AM »

Bullshit you do. 

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 07:12:10 AM »

I'm with Stupid

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 09:31:26 AM »

Okay.  I don't.  I know absolutely nothing about cars and car audio.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 10:11:46 AM »

Bout time you owned up Tim.  Grin

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 09:45:19 PM »

I scammed a lot of people with hack job installs that I've done.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012