Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:34:21 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tein S. Techs Springs and Tokico Blue Shocks  (Read 3673 times)
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:16:50 AM »

Bored, so I just decided to show off some pics of my suspension set up.  Put em on last summer and snapped some pics in the process.  I love the way the car sits after, the wheelwell gap from stock is rediculous, its like a black hole.  The S. Techs brought it down 2 inches in the front and about an inch and a quarter in the rear.  It also really helped get rid of that boat look that the Accord has stock (the front is higher than the rear). The car rides amazing, def hugs the road A LOT better.  I got it aligned right after the install and the front is perfect, but the rear is out 2*... I could get a toe kit to fix that, but I kinda like the look of the slightly tilted wheels.  So, Ive just been rotating the tires every 5k, the wear hasn't been TOO bad.  I LOVE the way it sits now, just gotta get the spacers on to flush it up a bit and the front lip to create even more illusion of low. Wink Here's some before and after pics.  Most of the pics are before they fully settled. Enjoy!

Shocks
Before: Stock shocks and springs

After: Tokico Blues and Tein S. Techs

Finger Gap:
Before:

After:

Wheelwell Gap
Before:

After:

How she sat
Before:
After:

Rear wheel alignment, kinda hard to tell.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:19:19 AM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
digitalh3lix
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
digitalh3lix pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »

did you order the tokico's on ebay? I ordered a set and the seller sorta screwed me telling me they got lost in the mail then he told me he'd send out another set. I ended up getting my money back and bought koni's.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 02:57:14 PM »

Got the name of the seller maybe it could save a member in the future.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 03:01:38 PM »

Yeah, I got mine on ebay and had no problem...

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 08:42:51 PM »

Do you have a camber kit?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:40:26 PM »

No... and it is out 2* in the back, but the front is perfect.  Been thinkin about gettin one.  With my last set of tires I just rotated every 5k and the camber wear wasn't too bad.

-Ryan

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »

I ran 2º of camber in the rear and I still got shitty camber wear.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 10:01:52 PM »

Well my last set (sumitomo) lasted like 8 months, put em on in march and by december all four were completely bald.  So I just mounted up a set of hankook ventus v12 evos... their like half the treadwear rating.  So well see how they do.  The way I saw it, if their not gonna last long anyway might as well get some that grip real nice. Smiley and the price wasn't bad, got all four shipped for 400.

-Ryan

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012