Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:26:23 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RedShift Motorsports K Series SC Kit  (Read 8595 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: October 28, 2010, 03:15:23 PM »

For some of you guys that have been around the 7th Gen scene long enough, you may remember a company called RedShift Motorsports.  A long time ago they said they were developing a K Series kit.  After a long time with no results, most people gave up on the idea that they would be another contender in the K Series market for superchargers.  I was one of the non-believers too.  Recently, I've noticed some activity on their site with updates becoming more and more frequent.  I decided to give Chris a call to see what was going on.  He said he'd be glad to show me what he's been working on and the development of their SC.  I'll probably be driving to the shop to meet with Chris in a few weeks.  Here's a link to their page with news and updates:

RedShift Motorsports

Here's a few pictures of their old intake manifold design that would have used an external air to air heat exchanger.

Here's some pictures of the new design that uses an water to air heat exchanger in the manifold.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 03:24:27 PM »

This looks very promising.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 03:30:19 PM »

This has been something that Accord guys have been chomping at the bit for the past 4 or 5 years.  Most people have given up hope, and I don't blame them.  I told Christ about my set up and he found it to be very unique.  Either way, I might be able to work with him and hopefully encourage him to make a kit for the Accord guys. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »

Road Trip to PA!
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 04:03:48 PM »

oh boy !!!

this dude is literally 10 min away from where i went to school too... high hopes, looks like hes invested alot of time thus far...may have to give this guy a ring....

curious to the tuning options.... wonder if kpro a must or there can be a standard reflash done ?

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 05:47:05 PM »

You really don't want anything but kpro man.

Tim
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 06:29:35 PM »

Did he mention if this was a complete kit or could we keep our blowers and just buy the mani?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 11:20:25 PM »

I spoke to him about it a long time ago, and I know that he's selling both the kit and also the manifold separately.  I was very interested in the fact that he was offering a Lysholm 1600 with it.  He was also telling me that the 2300 is the same size as the 1600 physically.  I've got my eyes on the 2300AX since it's more efficient and could run the same levels of boost as the 1600 at lower speeds, reducing heat.

Tim
accord-greddy

Reputation Power: 0
accord-greddy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 03:34:58 AM »

that looks very professional   :Smiley

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 07:37:07 AM »

hmmmmm

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »

My only concern is the efficiency of the 4 tubular cores and how well they will cool the intake charge.  I know that the main concern is air flow.  When I talked to Chris yesterday, I did get a sense that he knew what he was talking about and wasn't a hack that was just throwing shit together.  I'm not sure if this is an over engineered design, but I will be checking it out in person.  Considering that I'm not terribly far, and I'm already SC'ed, I am going to offer my car for testing if he wants an K24 Accord for development.

Tim
ADI

Reputation Power: 1
ADI pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 01:12:02 PM »

That looks sick, and the Laminova core aftercooler set up looks bad ass. Well i have til march 2011 to save up  Grin always wanted one since they first came out with the twin screw idea, cant wait.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »

If the price it right this could cause may next car to be a k series accord. I'm assuming this would work for the TSX as well?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 02:47:28 PM »

Pretty much the same engine bay Mike. You should know that a good bit of TSX shit transfers over. Although, the TSX has less interior room than the Accord sedan. That was my biggest gripe when I was car shopping a couple years ago.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 05:45:09 PM »

I'm going to talk to Chris about it more when I go to his shop.  I know his development has been on an RSX.  My thinking is that if he can develop this manifold to bolt up to the K24 injector base, he could reduce the cost of the kit for K24 owners.  I'll keep you guys up to date when I drop by the shop in a few weeks.  If he let's me, I'll take some pics and see if I can get him interested in using my car for testing.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012