Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:19:46 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to reprogram our keyless entry remotes  (Read 2223 times)
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »

i jump in the pool today with my keys in my pocket and when i tried to use the remote to unlock my car nothing happened..  Cry my remote was shorted out...good thing i kept and old key from my friends old car lamp..wich was a 7thgen and i reprogramed it using the instructions below..

Owners of the Honda Accord can purchase replacement remotes for their keyless entry system from a Honda dealership or online. Purchasing factory replacement remotes from Honda is more convenient, since the dealership can program the remote to work with the vehicle. However, factory remotes programmed by the dealer are usually more expensive than aftermarket remotes purchased online. If you avoid the dealer, you'll have to perform the programming

Enter the vehicle with the hood, rear hatch, and all doors closed. Have the ignition key and all remotes to be programmed available before entering the vehicle.

Insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position. Within five seconds, press and hold the "lock" button on the remote for one second. Release the "lock" button and turn the key in the ignition to the "off" position. Repeat this process two more times, each time within five seconds of the last.

Turn the key in the ignition to the "on" position. Within five seconds, press and hold the "lock" button on the remote for one second. The door locks will cycle, indicating that the vehicle has entered remote programming mode. If the door locks do not cycle, then repeat all the steps to enter programming mode before proceeding.

Within five seconds of entering programming mode, press and hold the "lock" button on the remote for one second. Release and wait for the door locks to cycle, indicating that the remote was programmed successfully. Repeat this process for each additional remote that requires programming. A total of three remotes can be programmed, and each remote must be programmed within 10 seconds of the previous one.

Turn the key in the ignition to the "off" position to exit programming mode. Remove the key from the ignition, exit the vehicle and close the driver door. Test each remote by cycling the door locks of the vehicle.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 11:19:41 PM »

Where did you find this info?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Matthew.ferreira
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Matthew.ferreira pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:22:42 PM »

Confirmed this!!!! and it works!!! thanks so much! this should be a STICKY! My battery died in my main remote...and i guess the person i bought the car off of didn't get the second key programmed so i decided to search the forums and found this..and it was a success! Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012