Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:36:34 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird OEM radio problem  (Read 3894 times)
JohnnyG123

Reputation Power: 2
JohnnyG123 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2009, 11:53:20 AM »

So yesterday i was on my way down to Atlanta after the SECM meet to visit a friend. I was listening to a cd then all at once the music stopped, the screen blanked, and i started hearing real loud static. I pushed the power button and the screen remained blank for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the screen showed the clock again, and i was able to change radio stations, though i couldn't hear anything no matter how high i turned the volume. The cd changer wouldn't change or eject cd's.

This morning i went out to the car to check it, and it all works fine again. Has anyone had this happen before? Could the H.U. have overheated? Defective part?  About 2 months ago i had the dark display fixed under warranty.

This one has me stumped.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
JohnnyG123

JohnnyG123 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 08:50:38 PM »

i just drove 3.5 hours home from Atlanta and the radio and cd player worked fine the whole way. i don't know what happened to it.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 10:57:19 PM »

I'd take it back to the dealership to have them check it out.  Considering that it has been replaced recently, you should at least get it in to have it looked at.  At least they will have it on record that you are experiencing issues with it and it will help support your case if you do need to get it replaced again.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »

Mine does this too, and pretty often.  Just goes off, then on, but no sound comes out.  Takes a while to "re-load".  I also have the dark display issue, but Honda wouldn't fix it for me because my VIN # wasn't included in the recall.  It's whack.

JohnnyG123

JohnnyG123 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:58:51 PM »

It did it again today on my way home from Chattanooga. I reached in above the cubby and touched the bottom metal plate on the radio and it was hot enough to burn you. This was after about 2 hours of playing at volume level 28-29, the loudest i can get it without distortion. Seems that it is overheating and shuts itself down until it cools off.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 09:29:48 AM »

Then it all makes sense.  You are probably overheating the amplifiers and it is going into a protect mode.  If you're listening to music at that level for that period of time, you may want to consider upgrading your audio equipment.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
JohnnyG123

JohnnyG123 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 10:36:52 PM »

Drove 10 hours today and i kept the volume level around 20-25 and didn't have a problem. I never used to have this problem though. I plan on upgrading the audio system eventually once i have the cash to get everything i want. For now i'm going to get a cooling fan from a power supply and mount it in the cubby pointing upwards to try and keep everthing cool.

I may end up getting stationed in New York next summer. If i do i'll have to get in touch with you to get your advice and possibly some install help if you would be willing.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 10:20:11 PM »

Of course I'm willing to help out man.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012