Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:18:09 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paint Detailing Tip:How to Make Light Color Cars *Bling*  (Read 2880 times)
Deep Gloss

Reputation Power: 1
Deep Gloss pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:03:25 PM »

The lighter the color of the car, the harder it is to really make the paint work stand out with white being the biggest challenge.

Some people like to throw some Zaino on and I agree, it looks great on whiteBUT it also makes any marring, scratches and imperfections really stand out, for this reason I do not suggest this to the avg. joe that has scratches, marring on it... And trust me unless you have had your car professionally detailed (no not ziebart) it has swirls....

So, after trying many different products on white the best I have seen is Duragloss 501, this is a marine sealant but it has really good cleaners in it. It is best use by machine but also does well by hand. After the 501 is applied and removed (per mfg instructions unless you are using a machine), I then apply Duragloss 601 (per the mfg instructions) and you do not wipe it off once it's cured but instead you put Duragloss 105 right over it. Let that cure (dry) and then remove it.

If you can let the car sit for 12-24 hours without introducing any water to the paint work or else the polymers in the sealant will not cross-link properly and durability will degrade. The reason I say 12-24 hours is because if it's warm it will take less cure time. After 12-24 hours the sealant will be cured, by then I have always noticed the paintwork looks even better.

Now it's time for Duragloss Aqua Wax -Spray Sealant - NOT a quick detailer.

Make sure your paint is clean, wash it if you drove it, quick detail it if it was just sitting... After you spray the Aqua Wax on that will also cure 12-24 hours so try not to get it wet... If you can’t avoid it no biggie since the protection is really coming from the previous steps and the Aqua Wax was just added for more pop.

FYI: using Aqua Wax more than twice per month will dull metal flake

Duralgloss products can be found at http://www.duragloss.com
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 03:59:40 PM »

any particular suggestion for silver? ...for the average person?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 04:12:36 PM »

Quote from: "mnkyman"

+1
Deep Gloss

Reputation Power: 1
Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 05:53:02 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Quote from: "mnkyman"

+1

Silver is a light colored car so the above is what I use & prescribe
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »

Good info Jason.  I'm going to have to try this out when I have time in the spring.  Right now, I cannot detail my car because of the weather and no garage.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012