Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:16:00 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Airbag Light  (Read 24846 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 09:16:23 AM »

No.  It's known that most people are "less than friendly" in MA.  I lived there for 11 years of my life, so I'm allowed to make fun of them.  It's just like how I make fun of Canadians and people from MI.  There are some good things about New England too, but the bad outweighed the good for me.

Anyway, it should be an easy task to pull off Jeff.  You probably won't need any help, but if you do, just hit me up.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 01:31:48 AM »

So here's my story:  went out to the city tonight to go see a concert with my wife.  Parked the car at a lot w/ the attendant.  Came back three hours later to find that they hadn't even moved the car. The attendant then starts yelling at me that my car won't start and said that there is something wrong with it. I go to start the car and all I get is a clicking noise from the starter.  The dashboard goes really dim and no engine cranking. I get the guy to push the car so I could pop the clutch. It starts but the whole way home the air bag light is on.  I didn't want to turn on and off the car to see if the air bag light would turn off.  My question is would a battery going bad do that? 

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 01:39:52 AM »

When your engine is running, it will charge your battery and power your car's electronics.  Something else could be going on.  Have your battery and alternator tested if you can't start your car again.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 01:44:18 AM »

I'm gonna go to autozone tomorrow and see if they'll check the battery.  I think it's on it's last leg, on really cold days over the winter the car would struggle to crank up.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 01:48:01 AM »

It's probably your battery, but you never know.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »

I'd have to agree with Tim. I experienced the same thing with the wife's old TL when I was still living in LI. Actually, almost down to the letter. As for that guy yelling at you, I would've told him to go play a game of hide and go fuck yourself.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:22 AM »

I'm gonna go to autozone tomorrow and see if they'll check the battery.  I think it's on it's last leg, on really cold days over the winter the car would struggle to crank up.

It probably it your batter but, there is a TSB out there for long cold cranking starts to replace the fuel pressure regulator on the J30's. I had to have mine done and it made a big difference.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 01:01:03 PM »

So went to autozone, battery and alternator check out ok.  The air bag light is also off. It seems to be cranking up normal.  I guess if it does it again I'll try to figure something out.  Mike what are the symptoms of the TSB that you're talking about?

Thanks for all the help guys.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 02:21:59 PM »

An occasional long cranking start. Basically what happens is the regulator sticks somtimes. TSB PDF is in post three on this thread.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9743
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »

Alright, I finally got the new seat belt buckle put in. Boy, what a PITA for being such a simple job.

Unbolting the seat, no problem. Unplugging the sensors from underneath, piece of cake. Taking the wire ties off to get the wires out of the way, not that big of a deal. Taking the seat out, eh, required two people to guide it out. Taking the fucking wire tie out that clips into a hole on the underside of the seat, oh my God. It's those kind of ties that they push into the hole, then click. After that, there's no fucking way of getting them out if you don't have access to the other side of the hole. It took me 30 minutes of cursing, finding the right tool to pry it out, and an occasional punch to the floor. After that was out, it took like 10 minutes to get it all back together.

Here are the remains of the wire clip that I'm talking about:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9069/2011032016141769.jpg
I haven't driven the car yet, but I'll keep you guys updated.

CrazyCreashunz

CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 05:29:17 PM »

Kool beans Jeff def keep us posted!

Anyhow anyone know where I can get:

Driver’s Seat Position Sensor Harness:
P/N 81607-SDA-L70, H/C 7465073

I've tried a few sites and nada.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 08:09:19 PM »

Jeff, those clips cost like $2.50.  It's money well spent when you consider the issues you had with the one you destroyed.  I'd just pwn the thing and replace it with a new one.  Also, there's a trick to taking the seats out.  I wish you woulda texted or called me, I could have helped you with that one.  I'm not a big guy, but I've mastered the technique of removing the front seats.

Billy, this is the first link that came up when I googled that part number.

Tim
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »

Tim, I didn't care about the clip that I destroyed because the new seat belt buckle came with new clips. As far as taking out the seat, it would have been a lot easier if it wasn't all electric. I kept having to plug the negative battery terminal back in so that I could adjust it to a way that I could get underneath better. And obviously once I unplugged the sensors underneath, I didn't want to hook the battery back up for fear of engaging the airbags. It's all done though, so that's good.

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 12:17:34 PM »

Well, it's been almost a week now, and the light hasn't come back! One thing I noticed with the new buckle is that there's some kind of green insert, whereas the old one is black. I'm not sure if it's a revised part or what. I've been wanting to get a security torx set and take apart the old buckle to see what went wrong.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2011, 12:21:55 PM »

Keep us posted.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012