Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:03:18 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Airbag Light  (Read 24848 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 10:25:39 AM »

My car doesn't fall under that list.  When your air bag light is on, do you notice that your seat belt light doesn't light up when you undo your seat belt?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 02:17:41 PM »

Shit, my bad Tim... I didn't realize that there was a new post in this thread!

Anyways, yeah, when the airbag light is on, and I unbuckle my seatbelt, the airbag light stays on, and the actual unbuckled seatbelt light never comes on. I've also tried buckling in my seatbelt before turning the car on, and that keeps the light away. I'm still trying to figure out if it's an issue with my driver side buckle, or if the passenger side buckle is involved too.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 10:54:09 PM »

I've noticed that it happens regardless of whether or not I have my seatbelt on before I start my car.  I think it has something to do with the seatbelt switch on the DS.  I'm going to be doing a little bit of looking around under my seat when I have time.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »

I forgot to post an update to this.

Over Christmas break I took my car over to the dealership, and had them take a look at it. They basically had a firm grasp on my balls since they tell you that you may get charged the $80 diagnostic fee if the problem isn't under warranty.

After they did the diagnostic, the service advisor said that an incomplete code was being thrown or some shit, and that it has to do with the driver side seatbelt. However, here's the kick. He said that some kind of lubricant was sprayed into the seat belt buckle, causing the code to be thrown. I didn't say anything about that, because I thought it was complete bullshit. I tried telling him that I never sprayed anything or spilled anything in there. My grandfather may have, though, since he thinks that WD-40 fixes everything, but I don't know. So since the buckle was sprayed with lubricant, it's no longer under the lifetime warranty.

He said that it'd be about $70 to get it fixed. Right now I'm thinking of doing two things. Either take the car to a different dealer and seeing what they say, or trying to fix the problem myself. The bad part of the first plan is that I may get fucked with that $80 fee. Oh yeah, the service advisor was nice and didn't charge me the fee, so I was able to walk away with my genitals, haha. As far as replacing the seat belt buckle myself goes, I would have no clue at all for what to do.

So yeah, there's my update.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 09:28:43 PM »

The buckle is only like $51 from Majestic Honda.  You could replace it yourself.

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 09:47:48 PM »

$51 from Majestic or $70 and have the dealership do it?  For the extra $19 I would just let them do it and have somebody to blame if it doesn't work out.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I think the guy said it was $60 something just for parts. Whenever I get time, I'll call him up and ask for a price quote.

Do you guys think it would be okay to mention doing it myself to him? I don't know if these dealerships don't like it or not if they hear a customer saying that they'll fix it themselves, haha.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 07:54:08 AM »

They will probably give you a number of reasons to not do it yourself.  If the price isn't much more than the part, have them do it.  If you're like me and your time is worth more than the $20 extra you might spend on labor, just go ahead and do it yourself.  It really shouldn't be that hard to do.

Tim
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 08:17:04 AM »

its a simple job and you could probably find the part for even cheaper at a junkyard, f the stealerships!

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 08:21:13 AM »

Good point Dave.  I'm pretty sure if you buy the part from Honda, it comes with a 1 year warranty though.  A junk yard is another good option if you're in a pinch.

Tim
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 08:47:18 AM »

imo most of the time warranties dont mean shit on a modified car. the stealerships will always find a way to void the warranty. like saying "since the buckle was sprayed with lubricant, it's no longer under the lifetime warranty."

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »

I finally received my replacement seatbelt buckle in the mail. I haven't gotten around to replacing it, but I should get it done by this Sunday. I bought the part from Bernardi Honda... they're pretty awesome. They sent me a manual that has instructions on how to change out the seat belt and the seat belt buckle for the front and passenger driver side seats. I scanned the instructions for the front driver side seat, so that if anyone else would like to tackle this job, they have something to follow.

(Click each one to enlarge it)

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 03:41:51 AM »

Good info Jeff. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 09:05:40 AM »

Bernardi is good like that.  I've dealt with them before, and they're fairly friendly and helpful for a dealership that's in New England.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 09:06:48 AM »

Stop knocking New England!
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012