Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:29:07 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hybrid Mirrors Flash with Lock/Unlock?  (Read 12567 times)
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 09:37:38 PM »

I'm gonna go play tennis. But I will be on AIM on my phone. I didn't splice my resistors, i used wire taps.

Also, for some reason the dim issue is gone apparently. It like skips when I open and close door, otherwise, problem fixed itself?  Def still interested in making that harness though!!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 09:51:54 PM »

I'll level with you.  If you have wire taps in your wiring harness for your turn signal bulbs right now, get rid of them and solder the resistor and use heat shrink tubing.  Wire taps are the worst possible connector that you can use.  Those wires are exposed to the elements and will corrode and fail.  Please do it right so you don't damage anything or cause your turn signals to stop working.

As far as the dim issue is concerned, I'm unsure why your LED mirrors would go dim.  My guess is that it has something to do with you using wire taps and the resistor.  I'd have to look at it and see what you've done. 

I can make recommendations on the harness though.  If you follow the write up I made in the beginning of the thread, it will work.  I would strongly recommend starting fresh, getting a soldering iron, and doing it over again.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 02:35:54 AM »

SPDT relay:

30 - the 12v wire for the lights in the hybrid mirrors
87a - the 12v parking light wire
86 - the 12v accessory wire
85 - ground

What is the accessory wire and where can I get this relay?  Thanks.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 08:05:43 AM »

For the wiring, please read the Accord Wiring Guide.  That has all the wiring information you'll need since it has info for alarms and remote starts.  As far as getting a relay, you can buy them at places like Auto Zone, but they usually carry shitty Pilot ones.  I would recommend you try to find a Bosch (Tyco) or Siemens relay.  Those are the best design and most reliable. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 08:36:04 AM »

Thanks for all your help timot.
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 03:13:30 PM »

I picked up a SPST relay to test make a harness. The SPDT didn't gave the 4 numbers you mentioned. Hope I got right one. Rated at 40A. Also picked up a starters soldering kit!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 10:40:10 PM »

Sorry man.  But a SPST will not work unless it's normally closed.  Is yours normally open or normally closed?  You may be better off getting a SPDT though.

Tim
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 10:52:17 PM »

I have no clue. The SPDT I saw at radio shack had like needles coming out of it with no numbers.

Sorry, super noob here.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »

You may be better off ordering it online or trying to find one locally at a car stereo installer.  I have a bunch that Mike is holding for me.  I'm sure I can spare one or two.  I can guarantee that a SPST will not work though. 

Tim
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 11:16:19 PM »

Well I wanted to mock up a harness before I bought all the stuff. Do you know when you might have them and how much?  I'm gonna check some other places locally too. Thanks.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 11:59:05 PM »

Here you go.

http://www.amazon.com/IMC-Audio-Relay-Harness-Bosch/dp/B0032JMKZY

Tim
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 12:03:46 AM »

thanks for the link.  Since I don't need a 10 pack, which one of these would you recommend? not sure if i need one with the wires already coming out.
http://www.amazon.com/VDC-Automotive-Relay-SPDT-40A/dp/B003I4X1TC/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1280462518&sr=1-9
http://www.amazon.com/Tyco-Relay-SPDT-Formerly-Bosch/dp/B000P61E36/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1280462518&sr=1-3

Again, thanks for the help.  I am on AIM also right now if you wanna talk there and get it over with, haha. Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:06:02 AM by LFSoccer2k6 » Logged
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 12:08:38 AM »

another link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tyco-Bosch-Relay-SPDT-12-Volt-20-30-AMP-Socket-/190421936174?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5608282e

(I am a total ebay guy)
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 12:29:47 AM »

I have a a question.  So following this guide:
SPDT relay:
30 - the 12v wire for the lights in the hybrid mirrors
87a - the 12v parking light wire
86 - the 12v accessory wire
85 - ground

How will the mirrors know when to blink when I turn my blinkers on since nothing is ever connected to the actual turn signals.  Or would the accessory wire be the turn signal wire?  Thanks.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012