Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:04:06 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Rear Drum To Disc Conversion  (Read 48466 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »

I think only a handful of people have done this conversion. Take a look at the service/parts diagrams and see if it's possible. I'm guessing that the Acura badge May inflation the price over the Honda part, regardless of age.

Good luck with your research and post what you find out.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2015, 08:23:56 AM »

Ok so I know this thing is like 2 years old but I just got here. I plan on swapping my drums out for disc brakes, I've been wondering if I could use a 02 tl-s or another acura as a donor instead. I have a 07 accord lx and a limited budget, approximately $500.

I have done 03 AV6 to 05 TL rear conversion successfully, you will need the knuckle assemblies and the ebrake cables. The reason was to get the ebrake off the caliper.....

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
07midniteaccord
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
07midniteaccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2015, 08:55:04 PM »

Hmm this sounds like a lot of work. I can't wait to get working on this. Which probably won't be until May since I'm in school right now, in the mean time I have research and part buying to do
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2015, 10:28:56 PM »

^ Yes, it is a lot of work, but worth it if done correctly.

I just realized I never gave my impressions after doing this upgrade.  So, my impressions... the car stops.  That is all.

nuxbag
Fucking Newb

nuxbag pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2015, 06:09:42 PM »

Hi all I have an 03 v4 LX sedan and I found an 03 v6 on Craigslist and its an hour drive. I have to pull the parts myself but I just don't know if the cars are compatible.
Anybody know if they are? All I know is that its a 03 v6 the guys charging 100 for the parts. I have a basic set of tools that usually gets the job done, like alternator, water pump, Acc belt. Would I be able to pull the parts off with what I have?  Thanks for any help.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »

I also started off with an 03 k24 LX sedan.  I believe my rear disc set up came from an 06 coupe.  From what I know, any rear disc set up from an 03-07 k24 or j30 coupe or sedan will be compatible.  With basic hand tools, you'll be able to get it, but may struggle.  I would recommend that you have a breaker bar if you don't have an impact gun that you can use.  If you read through my original post, you will see what tools you need to use for this swap.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
nuxbag
Fucking Newb

nuxbag pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2015, 09:33:24 PM »

I also started off with an 03 k24 LX sedan.  I believe my rear disc set up came from an 06 coupe.  From what I know, any rear disc set up from an 03-07 k24 or j30 coupe or sedan will be compatible.  With basic hand tools, you'll be able to get it, but may struggle.  I would recommend that you have a breaker bar if you don't have an impact gun that you can use.  If you read through my original post, you will see what tools you need to use for this swap.
Thank you. How do you determine k24 or j30?, mine is US made. Yes i forgot to add it is a sedan. I've been reading a few of your post and i feel like you know what you're talking about, I'll get them So when i get there are there some signs i should look for if the parts are good or bad? Is it ok to take the proportioning valve from the donor? Or what parts should be new? I asked him for the mileage but got no response, i should use a car with less mileage the mine. I'll need an alignment after i assume. Do you know the size of the allen needed for the end link? Sorry if its alot never done something like this.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2015, 12:55:36 AM »

k24=4 cylinder
j30=6 cylinder

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2015, 07:59:12 AM »

If you can, spin the rear wheels and make sure the hearings are good. They should spin freely. It may be hard to determine what is bad, unless there is physical damage. You can take the proportioning valve too. They are pretty cheap brand new. I think it costs around $12-20. As far as the mileage goes, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it were me, I would replace the rotors and pads with new ones. You will definitely need an alignment after you're done.

I don't know what size Allen key you will need off hand. I would recommend you bring a cutoff wheel to cut it out just in case. Those end links have a tendency of stripping out.

Tim
nuxbag
Fucking Newb

nuxbag pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2015, 09:20:45 PM »

I would recommend you bring a cutoff wheel to cut it out just in case. Those end links have a tendency of stripping out.
Don't have one but that is a damn good idea. Will save me time and struggling. Good looking out!
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2015, 01:27:35 AM »

I've been reading a few of your post and i feel like you know what you're talking about...

Debatable.   

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012