Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:55:24 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455104 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: November 16, 2011, 08:30:55 PM »

If I upgrade my iPhone do I lose my unlimited data plan?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1366 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:38 PM »

Mark, I think that BlackBerry might be a mistake.  I was plagued with problems with every single one I had.  My wife had problems with hers too.  None of these phones were cracked or hacked or anything.  They were just shitty.  IMHO, they're poor quality products because they lost sight of what they were good at trying to chase the Android and iOS customers.  From all the research I've done, the most reliable format is iOS.  For me, I wanted a phone that would be stable and reliable since mine doubles as my work phone.

Nelson, I'm pretty sure you have AT&T, right?  I'm not sure what their policy is, but with Verizon, I never lose my unlimited data as long as I keep my account.  Hopefully AT&T does the same thing.  Seems like most companies don't do the right thing though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 16, 2011, 10:36:33 PM »

with at&t, only the first gen iphone has unlimited data.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1368 on: November 16, 2011, 10:38:03 PM »

Holy shit.  That sucks.  And I thought that Verizon was the worst cell phone company.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 16, 2011, 11:17:43 PM »

Second generation iPhones have unlimited too, which is what I originally purchased. But then I had issues with the phone do apple exchanged it for the 3rd generation iPhone.  But I want the 6th gen whenever it comes out, I was just wondering about my AT&T data plan.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 17, 2011, 12:54:58 AM »

Mark, I think that BlackBerry might be a mistake.  I was plagued with problems with every single one I had.  My wife had problems with hers too.  None of these phones were cracked or hacked or anything.  They were just shitty.  IMHO, they're poor quality products because they lost sight of what they were good at trying to chase the Android and iOS customers.  From all the research I've done, the most reliable format is iOS.  For me, I wanted a phone that would be stable and reliable since mine doubles as my work phone.

Nelson, I'm pretty sure you have AT&T, right?  I'm not sure what their policy is, but with Verizon, I never lose my unlimited data as long as I keep my account.  Hopefully AT&T does the same thing.  Seems like most companies don't do the right thing though.
I haven't had a blackberry for a couple years now, but when I had them, I had pretty good luck with them.  Granted, I knew how to deal with a blackberry, and I expected problems since I hacked it.  One of my coworkers recently upgraded to the Bold 9930, and it looks like a pretty nice phone.  What types of issues were you having with them?

I'm not the biggest fan of the iOS interface.  It's easy to use, but some of it is just quirky.  Just not as intuitive to me.  Granted, every OS has their quirks and isn't perfect.

My main concern for both Android and iOS is how well they play in the corporate environment.  I know that they both support exchange.  I've always seen RIM's BES as a standard for corporate networks, and since I don't have experience with Android or iOS in a corporate environment, I'm really curious how they behave.  Since your iPhone doubles as your work phone, do you have it connected to your work network?  Any issues?

- Mark
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 17, 2011, 02:52:06 AM »

I use my android as both work and personal ,i used to love my backberry untill editing excel files on the go started to suck . Am happy android got push email now so theres no reason to go back

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 17, 2011, 05:03:58 AM »

I switched to an Android phone and still have my unlimited data. Hell, I was deployed and my phone shut off and I kept my data.
Wrong. See my response above.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 17, 2011, 08:36:18 AM »

Mark, from my experience android really isn't a stable OS for a corporate environment, and as much as it pains me to say it, Blackberry really does have that side of the business down.  I haven't had an opportunity to play around with any of the newer BB's but when I had my curve I loved it for a good 6 months, then wanted to throw it against a wall every 5 minutes.  It would not ring when I received calls, turn off, freeze, etc.  And that's without doing any kind of hacking or modding.

If you're going to go with Android, you might as well hold off unti the galaxy nexus comes out on VZW (i'm assuming it's a verizon line).  My sister and her husband both have the droid 3.. and I definitely don't recommend it unless you HAVE to have the keyboard.  And as far as the Atrix goes, it was outdated before it came out.

iOS is predictable.  but throw in Siri, and it could be pretty handy for a corporate phone.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1374 on: November 17, 2011, 08:53:53 AM »

I personally have had awesome luck with everything but, iOS. The only constant that you have had with all of your issues with all of your phone is Verizon… I’m not sure it’s the phones as much as the shit Verizon fills them with. I’ve probably used more different Android devices than anyone, and I have had zero issues. I have had 3 BB’s for work, and never had a single issue (T-Mobile). My better half uses nothing but, BB’s and hasn’t had any issues either.

Mark, from my experience android really isn't a stable OS for a corporate environment, and as much as it pains me to say it, Blackberry really does have that side of the business down.  I haven't had an opportunity to play around with any of the newer BB's but when I had my curve I loved it for a good 6 months, then wanted to throw it against a wall every 5 minutes.  It would not ring when I received calls, turn off, freeze, etc.  And that's without doing any kind of hacking or modding.

If you're going to go with Android, you might as well hold off unti the galaxy nexus comes out on VZW (i'm assuming it's a verizon line).  My sister and her husband both have the droid 3.. and I definitely don't recommend it unless you HAVE to have the keyboard.  And as far as the Atrix goes, it was outdated before it came out.

iOS is predictable.  but throw in Siri, and it could be pretty handy for a corporate phone.

I agree with you 100% BB is the best option as a work only phone. IMHO Android and iOS try to do to much to allow them to function well in a corporate structure.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 17, 2011, 09:56:59 AM »

I switched to an Android phone and still have my unlimited data. Hell, I was deployed and my phone shut off and I kept my data.
Wrong. See my response above.
ok, my statement wasnt detailed enough.  in regards to the newer iphones, unlimited data is not an option, you only get 5gb worth of data when you activate the new iphone.

the android is not an iphone so you have been grandfathered into an older plan that is no longer available.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 17, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »

I wouldn't be modding a corporate phone, so no upgrading to the latest BB OS, no rooting, no jailbreaking.

I'm planning to get the Galaxy Nexus as my next personal phone (whenever Verizon decides to actually state a release date), so I don't think I want to have two of them on me.  I think I would want something different, which may also help me from grabbing the wrong one when I don't need to carry both.

I agree with you 100% BB is the best option as a work only phone. IMHO Android and iOS try to do to much to allow them to function well in a corporate structure.

I thought the same thing, which is why I'm leaning towards BB.

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 17, 2011, 04:15:01 PM »

ok, my statement wasnt detailed enough.  in regards to the newer iphones, unlimited data is not an option, you only get 5gb worth of data when you activate the new iphone.

the android is not an iphone so you have been grandfathered into an older plan that is no longer available.
In Nelson's case, if he has an unlimited plan like I do, he won't lose it unless he changes his data plan or doesn't get another smart phone. However, you are partly right. Att did away with the unlimited plan summer of last year for new customers. Just before the ifail4 released. Biggest mistake they made.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 17, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »

Question for you Droid or Iphone users that have the photobucket app.  Every morning when I wake up, I check my phone (DroidX) and there is a notification that there was an error with my login information for Photobucket, but when I go into the App I dont even have to log in and have no problems using it.  Anyone else have this issue?  Like I said its not really a problem, but more of an annoyance as it shows up on my phone litterally every morning.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 17, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »

I don't personally have it but that happens on my friends phone as well. I was going to get the app then I read all of the terrible reviews for it and decided not to. If I remember correctly, that app is always running and you have to force close it to stop, which is retarded in my opinion. If there aren't any updates for it,try force closing it after using it.

- Bobby
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012