Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:00:55 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455114 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1320 on: October 14, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »

There is def. a little of that. It's why I like the Nexus stuff. I feel the rushing is on the carrier side of the software. The actual phone might be great but, all the carriers rush to be the first one to get it out so all there "bloat ware" is not well tested, and causes the phones to run shitty out of the box. That is why such and increase in performance is found after rooting.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1321 on: October 14, 2011, 09:12:04 AM »

Yeah, I agree.  Carriers fuck everything up.

I'm still getting used to the new phone right now.  Had it less than a week and I'm fairly happy.  Weird thing is that Google Latitude doesn't allow me to pull up my own maps that I created in Google Maps.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 14, 2011, 09:43:32 AM »

Tim has verizon. Considering you said Vibrant I'm assuming your on the T-Mobile network.

Actually i'm on Cincinnati Bell. Supposedly it's owned by AT&T and piggy backs off their network. Cincinnati bell is terrible. Just to give you guys an idea of how bad their phone selection is, the Vibrant is one of  their best phones other than one HTC model that they have and up until a few months ago they were still selling the old Razor flip phone.

I'll probably root it once I figure out how to do it.

- Bobby
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 14, 2011, 09:50:44 AM »

Bobby, go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991267

have fun!

-brian
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 14, 2011, 11:10:50 AM »

I'm pretty sure the bloatware Verizon stuffs on the phone also made it shitty.  I've heard a lot of complaints about the phone I had though.  I guess it wasn't as great as everyone thought it would be.  Honestly, it's great to have competition in the smart phone market, but I have a feeling that all the manufacturers are pushing to have the "newest" phone out without making sure it's actually ready to be sold. 
When the Fascinate first released, it was a top competitor in the cell phone market, in terms of hardware specs.  The reason it had so many issues was because of all the Verizon bloatware, which unfortunately, included Verizon attempting to change the default search from Google to Bing.

I know you didn't want to root, but rooting the Fascinate seemed to be the best way to make the phone usable, primarily because it's the best way to remove the carrier bloatware.

- Mark
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 14, 2011, 12:39:15 PM »

Holy shit, that's amazing. So much information. Thanks alot!

- Bobby
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 14, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »

I'm pretty sure the bloatware Verizon stuffs on the phone also made it shitty.  I've heard a lot of complaints about the phone I had though.  I guess it wasn't as great as everyone thought it would be.  Honestly, it's great to have competition in the smart phone market, but I have a feeling that all the manufacturers are pushing to have the "newest" phone out without making sure it's actually ready to be sold. 
When the Fascinate first released, it was a top competitor in the cell phone market, in terms of hardware specs.  The reason it had so many issues was because of all the Verizon bloatware, which unfortunately, included Verizon attempting to change the default search from Google to Bing.

I know you didn't want to root, but rooting the Fascinate seemed to be the best way to make the phone usable, primarily because it's the best way to remove the carrier bloatware.
This.
Once I rooted and "froze" the bloatware, my phone was decently quick. A few other tweaks made it better than out the box. Only reason I froze rather than delete was so I can still get updates.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1327 on: October 14, 2011, 02:58:33 PM »

The main problem with Android is that it is so open, that cell carriers quickly swooped in on this and locked shit down. With Apple, the shit's already locked down to begin with, so the carriers can't put their grimy paws all over iOS.

Since carriers can do whatever they please with Android, and not iOS, they decide to increase revenue by placing poorly-coded apps on your phone for advertising purposes. The worst part is they can lock it down with that software, essentially forcing you to have the phone the way it is. That's why the Android modding scene is here.

I know Tim has said it time over time, but Apple will do a hell of a lot better out of the box than Android (sans the Nexus). In order to have a more accurate comparison between Apple and Android, you need to compare the iPhone to the Nexus, nothing else.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 14, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »

That's the thing. Android was meant for the developer/end user. Not the fucking carriers.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 14, 2011, 09:16:13 PM »

I hate the bloatware  no matter how much i end its task they never seem to go away always running in the background am still waiting for  a premanate root to come out for my htc amaze also maybe a good case cover  in black tmobile only seems to have 1 body glove in a ugly gray i dont like

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1330 on: October 14, 2011, 10:01:55 PM »

That's the thing. Android was meant for the developer/end user. Not the fucking carriers.

It seems like they've taken over.  I don't think it's necessarily the manufacturer's fault.  I blame the carriers.  We should find them and string them up from a tree, then rape their horses and kill their women.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1331 on: October 15, 2011, 07:32:59 AM »

High Five!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 15, 2011, 10:15:09 AM »

It seems like they've taken over.  I don't think it's necessarily the manufacturer's fault.  I blame the carriers.  We should find them and string them up from a tree, then rape their horses and kill their women.
Amen to that.

exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 18, 2011, 05:09:48 PM »

First of all... RAPE THEIR LAND AND TAKE THEIR WOMEN!!!!

Next, what are the pros and cons of jail braking my iTelephone?

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 18, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »

New android os today??
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012